• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buger looks so good. Why aren’t we seeing Carmina do more with it? I just keep seeing dress shoes on Rain or Forest.

Hows the fit on Burger last?

My experience with Carmina fits is limited. I have one pair of shoes on the Simpson last, which is reputed to be narrow in comparison to Rain, Forest, and Inca, but which seems to fit my foot fine, albeit with some constriction at the instep (they're not made for those with a high instep).

I have one pair of loafers in Uetam, which I did not find comfortable (certainly not during the "breaking in" period) but which have gotten better with age.

I've tried an Inca on once, and had to size down a half size in order to get a proper fit.

Buger, of which Carmina, when last I looked on their website, had no shoes in current production, seems to fit most like Simpson, albeit with more of a chisel toe. The shoes shown were not a natural fit from the get-go, but have broken in quite nicely - I walked home last night from dinner, from Columbus Circle to Murray Hill, wearing them, and had no complaints from my feet.

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
Talking about Buger last, I happen to have a pair of a wholecut (faux Adelaide, faux cap-toe):

DSCF0649.jpg

In my experience, the fit is a little more generous than the Simpson. I usually wear Simpson 10, and I'm wearing Buger 9.5, which is my true-to-size, quite comfortably right out of the box, even before breaking in.

My first pair of Simpson was 9.5, but it was pain for the feet. I had to stretch with stretcher a bit, and was pain to break in, feel a little too tight, a little too small (that shoe broke my feet for fun while trying to broke them in).

Buger feels more like Inca to me, albeit different toe-shape.

Of course, as with anything fitting, your mileage may vary.

It turns out, though, that while I generally love Chiseled lasts, and Simpson is my favorite in terms of shape/silhouette, I like the Buger less than I expected. It is a little too symmetrical and a little too elongate and pointy. Anyway, that's just my personal preference.

Reactions: AWu

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick reminder, to celebrate the launch of our new model 80650, we have waived the customisation fee of this model until Sunday.

View attachment 1131414

What is new?

We have have created a sportier Chromexcel model for maximum comfort, introduced the LACTAE HEVEA®; our softer sole up to date, and designed the perfect pair of Goodyear Welted shoes for the weekend.

I used the link and it seems to be the MTO price and includes the customisation fee.

I configured with cordovan and dainite sole and total was $975 us this seems to be the normal charge for a shell shoe including the customization fee. How do I configure without the fee? What should the total be?

Carmina still no matter how I configure the sneaker it still always included the customization fee. Today is Sunday and your sale is ending and as far as I can see no one was able to configure this new sneaker with the customization fee waived. Maybe you can fix the ordering and repost it for a few days so the people that want to order can order without the customization fee.

Thank you.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Many thanks @007Bond , we have extended the promotion 24 more hours. The customisation fee should be waived right before the payment step in your order. Do let me know if it doe not work and we will create a special discount code for you.

andreasky

Reaction score
Many thanks @007Bond , we have extended the promotion 24 more hours. The customisation fee should be waived right before the payment step in your order. Do let me know if it doe not work and we will create a special discount code for you.
Please, could you tell me more about this promotion. I think I missed some posts on this thread.
Thanks

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please, could you tell me more about this promotion. I think I missed some posts on this thread.
Thanks
Quick reminder, to celebrate the launch of our new model 80650, we have waived the customisation fee of this model until Sunday.

View attachment 1131414

What is new?

We have have created a sportier Chromexcel model for maximum comfort, introduced the LACTAE HEVEA®; our softer sole up to date, and designed the perfect pair of Goodyear Welted shoes for the weekend.

Thanks

I quoted above just exspand it.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK guys final thought and recommendations.

About to place the order for the new sneaker in shell cordovan. I think I have settled on blue, the Lactae Hevea sole in tan. But still thinking how well does the Lactae Hevea hold up maybe I should get Dainite. I tend to wear shoes on the outside edge and had a few rubber sole shoes that just wear into wedges and my feet are twisted to the outside. So for sure worried that the Lactae Hevea won't hold up and maybe I should go a different direction. Also was thinking of the black Lactae Hevea sole and not the tan if I do get the Lactae Hevea. Then what color edging??? All thoughts welcome.

Stock image.

goodyear_welted_leather_sneakers_brown_chromexcel_l.jpg

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK guys final thought and recommendations.

About to place the order for the new sneaker in shell cordovan. I think I have settled on blue, the Lactae Hevea sole in tan. But still thinking how well does the Lactae Hevea hold up maybe I should get Dainite. I tend to wear shoes on the outside edge and had a few rubber sole shoes that just wear into wedges and my feet are twisted to the outside. So for sure worried that the Lactae Hevea won't hold up and maybe I should go a different direction. Also was thinking of the black Lactae Hevea sole and not the tan if I do get the Lactae Hevea. Then what color edging??? All thoughts welcome.

Stock image.

View attachment 1133322

Well pulled the trigger as was.

LEATHER SNEAKERS 80650
Skin and color Cordovan && Navy Cordovan
Skin and color Cordovan && Navy Cordovan
lining Calf Leather && Whisky
Last and sole Calvia && Aspen sole
fabricacion Double sole && Natural edge
floron Without Medallion
Eyelets Nickel
laces Navy sport shoe laces
Nominated & initials Without name neither initials
special requests
size UK 9
More Options Shoe Tree

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm glad you could finally make use of the customisation for our new Goodyear sport shoes @007Bond

Just a thought, would any of you be interested in creating MTO groups with exclusive leathers?

We currently have a small batch of amaretto Cordovan, maybe 7-8 pairs depending on the model.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads