1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by w.o.e.is.me., May 3, 2011.

1. jet-stream

jet-stream Distinguished Member

They sure looks authentic from here. I suspect the shoe is a bit older - I have several pairs that are older and don’t have the Carmina logo stamped onto the sole. Those look similar to yours. If they are older that would explain the box as well. The insole looks standard as well.

This looks like a standard Inca lasted double monk.

2. WilYa

WilYa Senior Member

Second this. Just older, maybe pre-2013

3. stephenaf2003

stephenaf2003 Distinguished Member

I obviously can’t verify the authenticity of your shoes. But, yours do look very similar to my older Carmina shoes, and my older boxes.

4. zr3rs

zr3rs Senior Member

Most probably it is already a few years old and the designs have changed since. Otherwise it looks pretty legit to me. I would be very surprised if someone would go to great lengths to fake Carminas at this level, John Lobbs maybe....

5. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

In as much as you can tell shoes are legit by looking at pictures on the internet, I see nothing here that would lead me to believe they are fake. And as was pointed out above, I’m not sure who would go to the effort to counterfeit Carmina shoes. Maybe they were made for some European retailer who didn’t want the manufacturer logo stamped into the sole. Or maybe they are older and details of branding har changed.

The shoes look good, enjoy them.

6. stephenaf2003

Carmina navy Chelsea 03ADF65F-E3FA-491C-8CB9-82D024DC9987.jpeg

7. 007Bond

007Bond Distinguished Member

As for the box I have a few that style so no issue there.

As for the rest sure looks authentic as several other have said already.

As for what is seen in markings I have seen this vary if the shoe was intended for a particular retailer.

The stitching looks classic Carmina, and the sole is original looking to me.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019

8. scb

scb Distinguished Member

I've sold plenty of shoes and just put them in whatever boxes I still had left. Most recently I sold a pair of Aldens and sent them in a Carmina box. I wouldn't worry too much about the box they came in...

9. masernaut

masernaut Senior Member

There's no profit for anyone to fake Carmina's. Companies change their boxes and certain design choices on products all the time.

You can occassionally find Carmina's on eBay that still use the Albaladejo name.

10. oxfordsandties

oxfordsandties Senior Member

All,

Thanks for all of the help in confirming. I would imagine it would be a pain to create fake carminas now.

Best,

Kevin

11. stephenaf2003

12. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

13. stephenaf2003

:lookaround:

14. 007Bond

007Bond Distinguished Member

Interesting I have had my eye on this one but I have mixed feelings. The 910 is a great shoe, I have one in Cognac shell but it was an MTO and has a medallion on the toe. So wholecut typically more on the formal side but made a little less formal with a medallion a bit more versatile.

So here we have this beautiful natural shell 910 and here is why I feel mixed. A wholecut typically formal but in natural shell typically not so formal. I love natural shell I just don't know what I would wear with a natural shell wholecut with. The color is very light even the tanned calf that is light is much darker then natural shell.

Maybe you guys have some paring ideas I am at a loss.

15. Carmina

Carmina Senior Member Affiliate Vendor