• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh my. Yeah, your toes won’t do well in a pointy last like Rain. As far as I can recall, the only Carmina last that is full toed is Llubi, and that may not be wide enough in the ball for you, as they don’t make a wide Version.

May be worth trying on in a store though. Inca last has a symmetrical pointy toe box so your big and little toes may be too cramped.

This kind of foot is good for Alden TruBalance or Vass Peter2.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had my laugh for the day...

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Old school Carmina model

20190112_171208.jpg

20190112_172145.jpg

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Oh my. Yeah, your toes won’t do well in a pointy last like Rain. As far as I can recall, the only Carmina last that is full toed is Llubi, and that may not be wide enough in the ball for you, as they don’t make a wide Version.

May be worth trying on in a store though. Inca last has a symmetrical pointy toe box so your big and little toes may be too cramped.

This kind of foot is good for Alden TruBalance or Vass Peter2.

Not sure that Carmina will be the right answer. I bought some EEE Forest last shoes (search the website for EEE) and they are nowhere near as wide as an English G-fitting in a similar size. Even less than Church's G.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure that Carmina will be the right answer. I bought some EEE Forest last shoes (search the website for EEE) and they are nowhere near as wide as an English G-fitting in a similar size. Even less than Church's G.

I agree the Carmina EEE is not as wide as a US wide. I normally buy the standard Carmina EE that is = to US D. Last year I seen an outlet pair I really liked and it was EEE. I decided to take a chance and ordered it and really it is just not much wider then the std EE and it fits fine. In fact I would go so far as to say that if this Rain EEE was sent to me as and EE I would not have questioned it as it fits so close to EE.

If I wanted a wide Carmina the Detroit last is the best and closest to a US fitting last. And if you get the Detroit in EEE then that would be wide fitting like a US wide.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree the Carmina EEE is not as wide as a US wide. I normally buy the standard Carmina EE that is = to US D. Last year I seen an outlet pair I really liked and it was EEE. I decided to take a chance and ordered it and really it is just not much wider then the std EE and it fits fine. In fact I would go so far as to say that if this Rain EEE was sent to me as and EE I would not have questioned it as it fits so close to EE.

If I wanted a wide Carmina the Detroit last is the best and closest to a US fitting last. And if you get the Detroit in EEE then that would be wide fitting like a US wide.

Exactly. Detroit EEE is a touch narrower than Alden Barrie E one half size larger. So those are roughly equivalent.

The Detroit has the most toe height and should work for your toes.

The toebox is high, but it still tapers a bit. Not nearly as much as rain or Inca, though.

oskrusa

Reaction score
I placed a custom order on the Carmina website the other day and within 24 hours sent them an email asking to change the last on the order. Haven’t heard back three days later now. A little disappointed with their responsiveness. Has anyone else had any luck modifying their custom order after placing it?

I have been in this situation and if you are in the US, I would recommend calling Daniela at the NYC store. She successfully changed the order for me.

gianm

Reaction score
Does Carmina still do the line drawing last comparisons? I asked for one via their office email a week ago and have yet to hear back.

Check the image gallery in this thread. There are a lot of them that were posted. Other than that, I'm not sure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics