1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by w.o.e.is.me., May 3, 2011.

1. Zapasman

Zapasman Distinguished Member

A good resole is comin soon.
    20190109_215828.jpg

2. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Senior Member

The speed hooks rip the stock laces apart. I bought some sovereign grade laces from The Hanger Project and they're holding up. But beware, they're a little too thick for the eyelets and are had to get through.

3. OdusBK

OdusBK Senior Member

I recently purchased a pair of suede chelsea boots - I've have several pairs on the rain last and I've found that it fits me well. For some reason, I feel that these chelsea boots are a bit looser than the other pairs I have.

I tried them on at the end of the day when I got home from work so I feel my foot is pretty much as swollen as it will get... is this the typical experience with chelsea boots?

4. cc808314

cc808314 Distinguished Member

Congratulations! They look very nice.

Thank you. They turned out well.

Thank you. I will share more photos when I wear them outside.

5. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

6. Canadianguy

Canadianguy Senior Member

I placed a custom order on the Carmina website the other day and within 24 hours sent them an email asking to change the last on the order. Haven’t heard back three days later now. A little disappointed with their responsiveness. Has anyone else had any luck modifying their custom order after placing it?

7. Subidoc

Subidoc Active Member

When I placed an order for boots a year ago, I wanted to change the sole a day after. Emails confirmed acceptance of the request. When I received the order, the change had not been implemented. I accepted that as there was no obvious manufacturing defect. Just wanted to tell you that even if your emails are answered in favor of your request, be ready to accept what you initially ordered.

8. Canadianguy

Canadianguy Senior Member

Thanks for sharing your experience. Good to know.

9. tchan

tchan New Member

Looking to purchase the Carmina double monks (Inca last). I’m typically a 10.5 EEE on Allen Edmonds St Johns Double monks or 11 EEE in their Oxfords.

What size should I get for Carmina in the Inca last since I didn’t see wide sizes available on their site. Thanks!

10. ZheNewYork

ZheNewYork Senior Member

Why does every AE customer think his feet are extra-wide or extra-narrow?

11. MGitlis

MGitlis Member

Same here, corrections made and acknowledged a couple of days after ordering were not implemented. Still happy with how my boots came out!

12. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

I'll let you know come April when I go to NYC to try them on at their store.
    Because some of us genuinely do. I wear 2E/3E in Rancourt and Alden was well. J.Fitzpatrick was a tight fit even with his MTO only wide fittings.

There's plenty of AE people shoved into D widths just to sell shoes.

13. benjamin831

benjamin831 Distinguished Member

Does Carmina still do the line drawing last comparisons? I asked for one via their office email a week ago and have yet to hear back.

14. peppercorn78

Maybe some of them are? Like me. My feet are EE brannock, and I’m not willing to wear shoes that are too long just to cram my foot into a standard-width last.

Also, AE runs narrow relative to most makers.

15. peppercorn78

Depends on the shape of your foot. Are your toes fanned out, pigeon toed, or spade shaped?