1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Puchases through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by w.o.e.is.me., May 3, 2011.

1. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

I'm always excited to see people appreciate a long lasting shoe over throwaway fashion.

I'm glad you powered through...any further build plans???

2. Decreased

Decreased Senior Member

@Carmina would it be possible to see Uetam E and Uetam EE compared?
    Picked up some Uetam EE from the outlet and trying to determine if I need too narrower and longer for future orders.

Cheers

3. unprocessed

unprocessed Member

These look absolutely stunning! Guessing they're the burgundy museum?

What did you use for the polish?

4. unprocessed

unprocessed Member

Does Carmina usually have Black Friday sales?

5. eremita

eremita Member

I feel like for womenswear in particular, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to find things made to last and of good quality. I guess the general appetite out there is for the latest and greatest all the time, and on top of that, I feel like big retail somehow fails to appreciate women actually do work for a living. I need blazers and slacks that’ll hold up to daily use and comfortable, sharp footwear to function at work. I have high hopes for these Carminas. If they work for my feet, I’ll definitely consider another pair, maybe some smoking slipper style ones.

6. dave_rawitat

dave_rawitat Active Member

The photo says it all: "I Love Carmina Shoes"

Shell Cordovan, Wholecut, Burgundy, Rain.

DSCF5316.jpg

7. dave_rawitat

dave_rawitat Active Member

I replied your personal message, but I will do it here again anyway (with a bit more info) :)

Burgundy Museum, yes. This model to be specific: https://www.carminashoemaker.com/mens-oxford-shoes/burgundy-museum-oxfords-80391

For the polish, I'm using pretty standard stuffs: Saphir Renovateur -> Saphir Pommadier cream (colorless) -> Saphir Mirror gloss (burgundy) for foundation + Saphir Pate de Luxe wax (neutral) for high shine. Maybe for the last one I mixed with Carmina's burgundy wax at times. I'm can't remember exactly for this step. Maybe I did.

Also, a little of contrast enhancement in Adobe Lightroom. No messing around with colors, just contrasts, white point, and black point.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018 at 2:34 AM

8. AWu

AWu Senior Member

Do you feel cordovan version sizing to be slightly larger than its calf variants?

Thanks!

9. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Distinguished Member

They look great! And indeed, they look femenine. Would like to know how are you planing to wear them.

I wanted to buy matching balmorals with my ex-girlfriend but she said that they look manly.

10. unprocessed

unprocessed Member

For folks who have ordered in-stock shoes, how long do they typically take to get shipped and delivered? Ordered today and hoping I get them before Thanksgiving.

11. 007Bond

007Bond Distinguished Member

All depends.

Where are you?

If for example you were in the US was it in stock at the US store or Spain (sometimes you can tell by the days on the site). If US they get them out in day or so then UPS NYC to you, if Spain they use 2 ways, DHL in this case you get it fast 1-3 days, or ship to store (Spain to US in the weekly shipment) then ship to you by UPS (I have had this take 2.5 weeks). So that said I have experienced everything from next day to 2.5 weeks. I have to say lately speed of stock shoes I have bought shipped from Spain has been fast with DHL.

12. 007Bond

007Bond Distinguished Member

Is it just me or are Men's shoes completely missing from the US site?

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 4.05.02 PM.png

13. oskrusa

oskrusa Senior Member

I saw it missing, I swear. Now the link is back :)

14. unprocessed

unprocessed Member

You were on the money, just got a UPS shipping notification with estimated delivery for Wednesday. That's super quick considering I ordered late Sunday night and today is a federal holiday.

15. cc808314

cc808314 Distinguished Member

Have you guys ever tried to modify an MTO order 3 weeks after placing the order?