• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Much better. I have somewhat of a high instep myself so I can relate.

It's funny, I never gave it much thought. I wear Simpson a half size up based on the forum consensus and have always thought they were comfortable, however those are the only pair of closed lacing shoes I have on the last. My other are on Rain.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before being on the forum in 2013, I didn’t even know what an instep was LOL. I’m a 7 UK in Rain (right) and did try on Simpson (left) in 7.5 and they fit albeit a little tight across the vamp and a much wider “V”. But I felt like it wasn’t for me and didn’t buy them.

Just recently I tried on a Suede pair on the Forest last and they’re even more accommodating to my higher instep than even Rain.

F007E6C1-9042-4365-B80B-5C00E171CADB.jpeg

A08C6F21-9DA2-43F0-9A80-7C2F421553A4.jpeg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before being on the forum in 2013, I didn’t even know what an instep was LOL. I’m a 7 UK in Rain (right) and did try on Simpson (left) in 7.5 and they fit albeit a little tight across the vamp and a much wider “V”. But I felt like it wasn’t for me and didn’t buy them.

Just recently I tried on a Suede pair on the Forest last and they’re even more accommodating to my higher instep than even Rain.

View attachment 1055629

View attachment 1055638

You've inspired me to try Forest for my next pair!

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just tried Simpson and it fits me really well when I go half size up from Rain but I find it slightly more pointy than rain and that's why the confusion. But you are making a strong case for it :colgate:

Thanks, Rain fits me fine but instep is higher than I need causing some empty space under the laces/tongue...
As far as navy is concerned, it' pretty versatile color. I commissioned a navy cordovan shoe 2 years ago and have used it a lot.I'd say go for it if you have your basics covered, Few pics..

Thank you for sharing the photos. They look great!

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is why I said go with Simpson. Rain instep is dam high and heel is huge. It’s not a good fit for me because of large heel & instep. End of a day @Gabru pick what ever works best for you. Since you have tried them both, my vote is for Simpson last. And you know the reasons now.
You hit the nail on the head..that's my problem with Rain..and both of these are solved with Simpson..thanks..

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That will be a very nice make up. I would go with Rain if it fits you well.

There are so many possibilities! I have been thinking about the perforated cap toe oxford boot in navy calf/navy suede shaft or navy shell/navy suede on the Simpson. Currently I dont have anything in blue, but I am not sure how much use I will get out of it.

I just tried Simpson and it fits me really well when I go half size up from Rain but I find it slightly more pointy than rain and that's why the confusion. But you are making a strong case for it :colgate:

Thanks, Rain fits me fine but instep is higher than I need causing some empty space under the laces/tongue...
As far as navy is concerned, it' pretty versatile color. I commissioned a navy cordovan shoe 2 years ago and have used it a lot.I'd say go for it if you have your basics covered, Few pics..

I’m a fan of blue. It often pairs well with brown and is a perfect complement to grey. I have two pairs of blue shoes (and two pairs of loafers) and maaaay have just picked up something else.

A taste of one of the shoes:
24DA9C00-3FF5-49E3-AFB8-4BA67B7A8536.jpeg

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't know Carmina offered an Adelaide with a heel design/counter. All the ones I've seen have been plain heels and there is no option for one on the customize page.

Does one have to email Carmina?

@Carmina

Last edited:

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We have managed to have our CEO, Antonio Albaladejo, today in our store for you to make special requests. Do remember to pop by during our custom weekend. We will be glad to have you there!

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I didn't know Carmina offered an Adelaide with a heel design/counter. All the ones I've seen have been plain heels and there is no option for one on the customize page.

Does one have to email Carmina?

@Carmina
From
What we can remember, we do have a style with these characteristics. If you pop by the store the family will gladly help. Otherwise, simply leave a comment in the request box and we will get back to you with some pictures of the model.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you!

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen. These are slightly different from the model that I posted. Specifically, the apron and the stitching of the toe split. But, I guess the pattern will look similar to your model.

Sure enough, they are different. But those photos should give you a good idea how the pair of your interest would come out.

And, you're very welcome :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads