1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11 : Valstar jacket and a Master-Piece wallet courtesy of NoManWalksAlone

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a Valstar jacket and a Master-Piece wallet courtesy of NoManWalksAlone Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by w.o.e.is.me., May 3, 2011.

1. oskrusa

oskrusa Senior Member

It looked like they were pretty stocked, they have at least a dozen different pairs in cordovan, I am pretty sure you would be able to score a pair, at least.
    Give them a call before 7pm, the store was not too busy.

2. oskrusa

oskrusa Senior Member

I believe that the 10% promo ends today. That unless they decide to extend it, which has happened in past, including during the 80K Instagram promo.

Usually the store does not carry EEE widths, but it wouldn't hurt to give them a call to find out.

Umm, I forgot to ask, sorry.

3. mirinjobra

mirinjobra Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any opinions on the robert last vs forest last when it comes to balmoral boots? I'm looking to pick up a full leather balmoral boot in both black and dark brown, but I'm just not sure about the last.

I have a jodhpur boot in forest and it fits great and everything, but I heard the robert last was a more "formal" looking last which is suitable for a balmoral boot.

I would have to wait until there is a promo that waives the MTO fee if I do the robert last however.. if I went forest, at the very least I could jump on the promo going on right now and buy the forest lasted black balmoral on the site

4. 007Bond

007Bond Distinguished Member

I called the store they seemed busy, the sales guy said they sent out an email about the sale but I never got it.

Does anyone have the list of shoes from the email that they can post, this is the in NYC store only shoes on 25%.

5. chiconice

chiconice Active Member

Did you got your loafer? I been looking at it but not sure size wise Loafers I'm 9d AE and 7e or 7.5e JF

6. 007Bond

Yes they showed up today.

Thankfully perfect fit really spot on for a slip on, good fit toe area, perfect width, heel cup good grip not to tight, finally the instep just nice a tiny ever so tiny snug fit just like you want a slip on to be when new. I can see these becoming my go to shoe easy on out the door.

So in AE I am exact 10D and the Carmina 9E fits dead on so if you are 9D in AE the Carmina 8E should be the way to go.

7. chiconice

chiconice Active Member

Morepictures
    They look really nice. They only have 7uk , JF shoes

8. 007Bond

The NYC store has nice burgundy shell tassel loafers and shell penny loafer in bourbon, they say they have many sizes available Also these are all on sale 25% off plus the 10% off too so nice deal. Oh and they have at least 12 other shell shoes and probably 25 calf included in the sale too.

So you may just get what you want in your size.

9. oskrusa

oskrusa Senior Member

[Content deleted]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018

10. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Distinguished Member

Def NOT black/burgundy or black/brown

I guess i'd go with #1 if I had to choose, but I don't think any of them will turn out well.

11. oskrusa

oskrusa Senior Member

I hear you, was not convinced but wanted to check with few people. Will go with one color only.
    Thanks

12. trevorplease

trevorplease Senior Member

How retarded does a wholecut shell slipper with double sole stormwelt sound?

13. dave_rawitat

dave_rawitat Active Member

@IHaveNoNiceClothes @eremita Thanks so much for replying! I did chat with the Carmina representative on their .com website the other day and got information that the Audrey is regular fit, so it should fit without sizing up or down.

14. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Senior Member

I'll vote for Robert:
    [​IMG]

15. 007Bond

For those of you in the US the NYC store is having a great sale at 25% they really have many sizes available.

Slide1.jpeg Slide2.jpeg Slide3.jpeg Slide4.jpeg Slide5.jpeg Slide6.jpeg Slide7.jpeg Slide8.jpeg Slide9.jpeg Slide10.jpeg Slide11.jpeg Slide12.jpeg Slide13.jpeg Slide14.jpeg Slide15.jpeg Slide16.jpeg Slide17.jpeg Slide18.jpeg Slide19.jpeg Slide20.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018