• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oskrusa

Reaction score
Thanks do you happen to know if it was limited to what you seen as in what sizes were available.

It looked like they were pretty stocked, they have at least a dozen different pairs in cordovan, I am pretty sure you would be able to score a pair, at least.
Give them a call before 7pm, the store was not too busy.

oskrusa

Reaction score
oh man. how long i this sale happening (I know the 10% promo ends today, right).

I don't suppose any of those are in EEE width...

I believe that the 10% promo ends today. That unless they decide to extend it, which has happened in past, including during the 80K Instagram promo.

Usually the store does not carry EEE widths, but it wouldn't hurt to give them a call to find out.

In store only?

Umm, I forgot to ask, sorry.

mirinjobra

Reaction score
Does anyone have any opinions on the robert last vs forest last when it comes to balmoral boots? I'm looking to pick up a full leather balmoral boot in both black and dark brown, but I'm just not sure about the last.

I have a jodhpur boot in forest and it fits great and everything, but I heard the robert last was a more "formal" looking last which is suitable for a balmoral boot.

I would have to wait until there is a promo that waives the MTO fee if I do the robert last however.. if I went forest, at the very least I could jump on the promo going on right now and buy the forest lasted black balmoral on the site

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looked like they were pretty stocked, they have at least a dozen different pairs in cordovan, I am pretty sure you would be able to score a pair, at least.
Give them a call before 7pm, the store was not too busy.

I called the store they seemed busy, the sales guy said they sent out an email about the sale but I never got it.

Does anyone have the list of shoes from the email that they can post, this is the in NYC store only shoes on 25%.

chiconice

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on the burgundy shell penny loafers in the outlet. I have been itching for a loafer, burgundy one of if not the best color, shell, hard to pass up. They are on the Pina last that I have never tried but says reg fit so if it's like Carmina's other last I should be fine.

Seems the outlet has had a bit of a restock I see a lot of new items if any one is looking.
Did you got your loafer? I been looking at it but not sure size wise Loafers I'm 9d AE and 7e or 7.5e JF

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you got your loafer? I been looking at it but not sure size wise Loafers I'm 9d AE and 7e or 7.5e JF

Yes they showed up today.

Thankfully perfect fit really spot on for a slip on, good fit toe area, perfect width, heel cup good grip not to tight, finally the instep just nice a tiny ever so tiny snug fit just like you want a slip on to be when new. I can see these becoming my go to shoe easy on out the door.

So in AE I am exact 10D and the Carmina 9E fits dead on so if you are 9D in AE the Carmina 8E should be the way to go.

chiconice

Reaction score
Well that was fast they showed up today. I see if I had just waited a few days I would have saved $50 with the sale for 100K.

Anyways @oskrusa back to the shell loafers you asked about the fit with my high instep. Thankfully perfect fit really spot on for a slip on, good fit toe area, perfect width, heel cup good grip not to tight, finally the instep just nice a tiny ever so tiny snug fit just like you want a slip on to be when new. I can see these becoming my go to shoe easy on out the door.

View attachment 1049763
Morepictures
Well that was fast they showed up today. I see if I had just waited a few days I would have saved $50 with the sale for 100K.

Anyways @oskrusa back to the shell loafers you asked about the fit with my high instep. Thankfully perfect fit really spot on for a slip on, good fit toe area, perfect width, heel cup good grip not to tight, finally the instep just nice a tiny ever so tiny snug fit just like you want a slip on to be when new. I can see these becoming my go to shoe easy on out the door.

View attachment 1049763
They look really nice. They only have 7uk , JF shoes
Yes they showed up today.

Thankfully perfect fit really spot on for a slip on, good fit toe area, perfect width, heel cup good grip not to tight, finally the instep just nice a tiny ever so tiny snug fit just like you want a slip on to be when new. I can see these becoming my go to shoe easy on out the door.

So in AE I am exact 10D and the Carmina 9E fits dead on so if you are 9D in AE the Carmina 8E should be the way to go.[/QUOTE
There's no 8 or 7 so I'm out of shell. The Pina last shows only available in EE widths, yours is E? The Uetam last definitely more my style than Pina last. They do have a suede Pina for not too much money, may get that one to experiment.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Morepictures

They look really nice. They only have 7uk , JF shoes

The NYC store has nice burgundy shell tassel loafers and shell penny loafer in bourbon, they say they have many sizes available Also these are all on sale 25% off plus the 10% off too so nice deal. Oh and they have at least 12 other shell shoes and probably 25 calf included in the sale too.

So you may just get what you want in your size.

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
@IHaveNoNiceClothes @eremita Thanks so much for replying! I did chat with the Carmina representative on their .com website the other day and got information that the Audrey is regular fit, so it should fit without sizing up or down.

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any opinions on the robert last vs forest last when it comes to balmoral boots? I'm looking to pick up a full leather balmoral boot in both black and dark brown, but I'm just not sure about the last.

I have a jodhpur boot in forest and it fits great and everything, but I heard the robert last was a more "formal" looking last which is suitable for a balmoral boot.

I would have to wait until there is a promo that waives the MTO fee if I do the robert last however.. if I went forest, at the very least I could jump on the promo going on right now and buy the forest lasted black balmoral on the site

I'll vote for Robert:
12331591_1007508055961746_762975261_n.jpg

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you in the US the NYC store is having a great sale at 25% they really have many sizes available.

Slide1.jpeg
Slide2.jpeg
Slide3.jpeg
Slide4.jpeg
Slide5.jpeg
Slide6.jpeg
Slide7.jpeg
Slide8.jpeg
Slide9.jpeg
Slide10.jpeg
Slide11.jpeg
Slide12.jpeg
Slide13.jpeg
Slide14.jpeg
Slide15.jpeg
Slide16.jpeg
Slide17.jpeg
Slide18.jpeg
Slide19.jpeg
Slide20.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads