1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10 : Sam Hober Tie and Pocket Square sets courtesy of David Hober

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is one of three sets of of Sam Hober Tie and Pocket Square sets courtesy of David Hober. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by w.o.e.is.me., May 3, 2011.

1. oskrusa

oskrusa Senior Member

@Carmina, I hope you dont mind me re-sharing the last comparison charts you posted a month or so ago. They are extremely helpful.

@eyeheartny and for anyone else interested, here are the charts previously shared by @Carmina on this thread, I believe they are all sized 7.5UK:

DETROIT_DETROIT_EEE.jpg

LLUBI_OSCAR_DETROIT.jpg

SIMPSON_UETAM_ALCUDIA.jpg

RAIN_SOLLER_FOREST.jpg

RAIN_SOLLER.jpg

RAIN_UETAM.jpg

RAIN_COSTITX.jpg

OSCAR_INCA.jpg

RAIN_OSCAR.jpg

RAIN_FOREST_SIMPSON.jpg

2. eyeheartny

eyeheartny Senior Member

3. eyeheartny

eyeheartny Senior Member

@Carmina, is there any way you can create a chart that compares directly the Forest and Oscar lasts? Thank you!

4. 007Bond

007Bond Distinguished Member

As I had suspected the Simpson is not as different (narrow) as its reputation, very clear from the post. I normally fit fine in any last UK9 (except Inca just not enough room for the big toe). When I ordered my shell chukka boots on Simpson last I went with the general up half a size recommendation so UK9.5. Every time I wear them I can't help but think that UK9 would have been just fine as the UK9.5 seems to long. At this point there is no going back and being a boot it fits well enough anyways. But next time I think for Simpson I will just go for my normal size and not up half as in the pic it is really not any narrower.

5. oskrusa

oskrusa Senior Member

That's exactly right! The idea that Simpson is super narrow is a myth.
    As you, I also take the same size on Simpson and Rain, as i do in Oscar and Robert. However, Oxfords are not that good in either Simpson or Rain due to the big v-gap.
    I have found that Robert is the best way to go for my high in-steps on Oxfords and Balmoral boots.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018

6. IHaveNoNiceClothes

IHaveNoNiceClothes Active Member

@dave_rawitat - I can only speak to the ones I’ve tried, however you can email Carmina or at certain hours talk to customer service over chat on their website.

7. Zach Britton

Zach Britton Well-Known Member

Recently purchased four shoes from Carmina, including, a navy shell monk and a burgundy shell jumper boot after visiting the New York store and confirming my size. However, like most of you I purchased a number of shoes before learning my proper size, and would like to recoup some of the cost of my expensive order. Therefore I have the following to offer: an MTO oxford, model 80386 in cognac with a Rendenbach sole (containing my initials...), in a Rain 7EEE, worn for less than 30 minutes because it was far too painful. Apologies in advance for the pictures taken on my old(er) iPhone. It comes with box, shoe bags and I will include plastic shoe trees to keep the shape during shipping. If you are interested in purchasing this please message me. Thank you.

Carmina1.png

Carmina2.png

Carmina3.png

Carmina5.png

8. trevorplease

trevorplease Senior Member

That chart is coming in super clutch. How did they come about? Hoping they come as an interactive tool on the website.

I am close to pulling the trigger on a custom PTB..
    I like the fit of the Oscar last, but i wish it had a lower toebox height at the front where it curves down like Detroit.
    I'm wondering if the Soller last would fit this bill.

9. Carmina

Carmina Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

For anyone waiting to pull the trigger, 10% off on the whole website. 100k_1920_en.jpg

10. Vocans

Vocans Senior Member

Question - I ordered a pair of shoes from the U.S. outlet last Tuesday and haven't received a shipping notification (my order still shows in process on the website). Is this normal or should I contact someone?

11. 007Bond

Well that was fast they showed up today. I see if I had just waited a few days I would have saved $50 with the sale for 100K.

Anyways @oskrusa back to the shell loafers you asked about the fit with my high instep. Thankfully perfect fit really spot on for a slip on, good fit toe area, perfect width, heel cup good grip not to tight, finally the instep just nice a tiny ever so tiny snug fit just like you want a slip on to be when new. I can see these becoming my go to shoe easy on out the door.

IMG_20181009_161036.jpg

12. oskrusa

oskrusa Senior Member

Hey guys,
    As a heads up, the NYC store has an ongoing sale with few models at 25% off, you can stack the current 10% promo on top for a very healthy discount.

On the 25%-off-SALE section they have Cordovan wholecuts on 4 to 5 colors as well as Cordovan derbies (long wings, short wings and medallion caps) in Color 8, Armagnac and Bourbon. I also saw a pair of Bourbon Loafers on Forest, but no shell boots were present.

They also have a few things on calf, including a jumper boot on burgundy and a pair of Chelsea's.

13. 007Bond

Thanks do you happen to know if it was limited to what you seen as in what sizes were available.

14. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

oh man. how long i this sale happening (I know the 10% promo ends today, right).

I don't suppose any of those are in EEE width...

15. up1911fan

up1911fan Distinguished Member

In store only?