1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendors, Mangue Lucy and Sons of Henrey We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendors, Mangue Lucy, an international design collaboration based in Milan that focuses on creating fine ready-to-wear, sourcing top-quality materials and working with exceptional production facilities in Italy to offer honest, modern, and quality casual-wear, and Sons of Henrey a contemporary footwear brand, committed to producing a shoe of timeless elegance, at exceptional value.

Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by w.o.e.is.me., May 3, 2011.

1. zag73

zag73 Senior Member

Good stuff. Many thanks for your help.

2. jet-stream

jet-stream Distinguished Member

3. Jazzmenco

Jazzmenco Distinguished Member

Just curious...what last? A few years ago I went in on a GMTO for these shoes on the Rain last but when they arrived they were obviously on the simpson last...had a beef with Carmina about it...still pissed.

4. jet-stream

jet-stream Distinguished Member

Simpson. A great fit for me.

5. WilYa

WilYa Senior Member

Finally size filter in the Outlet

6. 007Bond

007Bond Distinguished Member

This is fantastic news!!!

7. scb

scb Distinguished Member

So I'm in the market for some Bourbon and Navy shell Carminas. Both will primarily be work in a business casual setting (chinos or something dressier, button down or polo shirt) and in more formal situations.

I have wide feet, so I need to place a custom order to get wider widths, but that also means I can basically choose the style and last.

Anyway, I can't decide on what to get. Bourbon longwing and navy double monk? I'm intrigued by the wholecut, but it and the other oxfords are probably dressier than I'm looking for. bourbon ptb or some other "minimal" derby?

what are the Carmina styles you'd recommend in these colors? I'm leaning towards no boots.

Thanks

8. 007Bond

007Bond Distinguished Member

BTW some (not all) stock shoes can be ordered in EEE (extra wide) also I would recommend the Detroit last it is the most volume of all.

I think you should consider that you are planning on getting a wide shoe so some styles look better on a skinny last and you may want to avoid them. The double monk should be ok on a wide last I have a wholecut on the rain last in EEE it looks ok but next to an EE you can see it's not as sleek. I have a bourbon shell PTB on the detroit probably my favorite shoe I always have to stop myself from just grabbing it almost everyday. I am still waiting on my blue shell GMTO derby...

9. Webbo

Webbo Senior Member

I have wideish feet and had a pair of double monks made on the Detroit last as they don’t offer them on this last as a standard make. They look absolutely superb so have no worries about the last making them look dispropotioned, the Detroit last looks extremely svelte even in the extra wide option. The fit is great too.

10. WilYa

WilYa Senior Member

My Lama Monk Loafer on Simpson last.
    This leather choice is perfect for loafers, subtle and comfy!
    IMG_20180616_105702.jpg

11. Capgreed

Capgreed Active Member

Now those are loafers which shape wouldn't totally put me off ( I tend to absolutely hate loafers with a passion ....don't ask , it's just me ) , the buckle totally changes them !
    Really really nice ones , superb choice !

12. WilYa

WilYa Senior Member

Thanks for the kind words. You are not alone because I used to dislike loafers a lot until recently.

13. Kimistry

Kimistry Senior Member

14. WilYa

WilYa Senior Member

IMHO, I prefer the cordovan loafer which can be dressed both up and down whereas the new line is too casual/summery. If I want to be casual-casual, I will go for many other brands than Carmina.

15. Misterg12

Misterg12 Distinguished Member