• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of these, but with Natural Storm Welt, from the GYW GMTO last year. Olive is my favorite color. I know you were specifically inquiring about interest for the wingtip, but I'd be interested if it was a plain toe or cap toe like this:

Boot or derby/blucher would be okay with me.

I bought a side of Olive Waxed Flesh from Horween recently, will have White's boots make a pair or two out of it someday.

I have successfully resisted buying any boots the last month and a half, but those boots are seriously testing my resolve. Yowsa!!!

AWu

Reaction score
Little bit on sizing pls help:

I'm a UK 8 in Rain. Should I take the same or size down 0.5 for Forest?

P.s. Simpson doesn't work on me - 8 is too narrow and 8.5 is too long.

Thanks in advance gents!

EUtroll

Reaction score
I'd to go up 0.5 from rain to forest to accommodate for the lower instep. Did not achieve an ideal but decent fit.

Reactions: AWu

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Carmina dubmonks

28385878558_92510de870_k.jpg

nibbling_totoros

Reaction score
Did Carmina recently change their shoe trees? The right one is the one I got recently and it has slightly different dimensions and is unfinished cedar.

2018-05-21 23.26.02.jpg

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here have any exp buying Carmina for their wife as in the sizing. She is a US 7 so I figured one down just like men's but that does not seem to match some online sites or Carmina. Carmina says woman's US 7 I should order woman's UK 4.5 that seems kinda to small I think.

Anyone can help?

WilYa

Reaction score
Does anyone here have any exp buying Carmina for their wife as in the sizing. She is a US 7 so I figured one down just like men's but that does not seem to match some online sites or Carmina. Carmina says woman's US 7 I should order woman's UK 4.5 that seems kinda to small I think.

Anyone can help?
No idea about US women sizing but I got some exp. My GF is UK6 in many makers (Trickers, GG, Cheaney, Clarks). We followed the Carmina chart which tells us UK6 is Carmina Women 5.5 and then ordered a 5.5 jumper boots which turned out to be too small (6 would be fine) and we had to return it. I also find some Carmina women lasts are quite narrow so I would say the sizing is similar to UK womens sizing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads