• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a good plan. I also quite like the full strap penny loafer in Uetam, but have yet to pull the trigger.
Gotcha that would be nice !
I placed order for Polo suede Wholecut loafer on the Uetam last like this:
773EBC1E-5B8E-4C3F-88A9-0E3997CCBFA2.jpeg

Now, thinking to order another string loafers in snuff or loden suede but not sure yet.
Does anyone have any suggestions on which would be a better choice?

AA194F95-3819-4224-860B-8FED0EE3C244.jpeg
659134FA-21E3-489E-9CA0-EAF681E5B74F.jpeg

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love snuff. Still my favorite color even over polo suede. I also am a sucker for the string loafers. I would go with those.

tkliebert

Reaction score
View attachment 960624

Now, thinking to order another string loafers in snuff or loden suede but not sure yet.

View attachment 960626
View attachment 960627
I have the whole cuts in polo suede and love them. I also have the full strap in loden green, which you may want to consider. I’m looking to add the string loafers in dark brown.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 960624

View attachment 960626
View attachment 960627
I have both, snuff and green, if you need versatility go for snuff but if you know how to pair the green, it looks great. I wear it mostly with light color linen trousers. But looks great with light gray summer trousers too.

JeffreyCorey

Reaction score
Hi;

Yes as you said it is not fashionable but highly useful. :box:

Daytime pics.

I have to say the natural shell is quite a sight. The only flaw I could even find was a pen tip size colorless spot near the welt line. The overall shoe color piece to piece and shoe to shoe is great. This is my first natural shell and really impressed with the look. I was a bit worried about the fit but been wearing them WFH today since morning and that right toe bump is slightly noticeable. But I am very tuned into it so I think after a few wearing it will be fine right now the shoes are not even close to broken in. Again fantastic Carmina now I really can't wait to get my Frankinstich naturals.
View attachment 956822 View attachment 956823 View attachment 956824 View attachment 956825

Ah the Chukka's all I can say is wow just a stunning color exp in the sun. As you can see they cleaned up nice with just a few min of brushing. I think the scuffs out of the box were from the way they were in the box, there was no foam between them. The only flaw I can find is on the one boot the "Carmina" stamp on the dainite sole is significantly off center. Now I was a bit worried about the fit but I think these are going to be fine. Last night I thought they may be a little to big. Supposedly or feet are smallest in the am so I tried these on first thing this am and they felt more snug than last night. I really have to open up the laces to get them on, so no way would half a size down have worked. This very well may be the first ever chukka I keep as all in the past have been sold since they get to loose over time. These being shell and 5 lace I think are going to stand the test of time.
View attachment 956826 View attachment 956828 View attachment 956831 View attachment 956833

I just wanted to share what I have learned in testing shoes. I just take a $20 pair of galoshes and wear the shoes in my home (you could even wear then outside if you wanted) to test fit. This way there is 100% no chance that you are going to even get dust on the sole while you are testing the fit. Not very fashionable but returnable if you don't like the fit.
View attachment 956834

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmina has been in the market with shell for many years. I think I have a much older version of cognac. Love the boot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads