• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does no other shoe maker provide the hedonistic gratification, as is experienced when opening a box of Carmina shoes.

Maybe it’s the red box, and some kind of Freudian link to Christmas and childhood, I’ve gotten packages from almost all the makers but man, nothing is like getting a package in the mail from Carmina. They’ve nailed packaging.

Ok weird rant over...lol

I'm with you Stephen, we received 20 new styles on Tuesday - and although none of them were for me (I deliberately didn't order any in my size - otherwise they have a habit of coming home with) opening everyone was like opening another Christmas present as a child - and everyone one was an absolute delight of packaging, shoemaking style and workmanship.

Mike

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm with you Stephen, we received 20 new styles on Tuesday - and although none of them were for me (I deliberately didn't order any in my size - otherwise they have a habit of coming home with) opening everyone was like opening another Christmas present as a child - and everyone one was an absolute delight of packaging, shoemaking style and workmanship.

Mike

Ok good so it’s not just me..lol

I remember they were my second foray into GYW shoes, after a few pairs of Meermin, some years ago. As I was unpackaging them I was like wait...what? Why do I feel like, a tinge of shame, mixed with ecstatic joy...lol
It may also have something to do with every one of their pieces are like works of art. Not sure how they do it at their price point, but as you can tell. I’m a fan.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does no other shoe maker provide the hedonistic gratification, as is experienced when opening a box of Carmina shoes.

Maybe it’s the red box, and some kind of Freudian link to Christmas and childhood, I’ve gotten packages from almost all the makers but man, nothing is like getting a package in the mail from Carmina. They’ve nailed packaging.

Ok weird rant over...lol
You been sniffing the saphir again haven’t you :)

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Man. I love the foam on the bottom of the box and the little rod adding tension to the tissue paper. Haha. Little things do matter. Also, I appreciate that the boxes are actually big enough to accommodate the shoes. Seems a no brainer, but other makers could take the hint (ahem, ALDEN, ahem).

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"It's starting to feel a lot like Christmas..."
IMG_4141.JPG

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
77 today in NC firgured I would break out the Carmina LWB’s . Tan calf Detroit last. Have a fantastic day gang!

View attachment 925976

Lovely shoes. It looks like you have long, straight big toes like me. Tapered toe boxes often give me terrible pain. How do you find some of the other Carmina lasts? Detroit works for me quite well, but even looking at Inca makes me wince...

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lovely shoes. It looks like you have long, straight big toes like me. Tapered toe boxes often give me terrible pain. How do you find some of the other Carmina lasts? Detroit works for me quite well, but even looking at Inca makes me wince...
The longest toe I have is actually my second toe which works perfect for tapered toes. The only other Carmina I have is on the sollar last . I have not ventured into any of their other last’s yet but assume I would have no issues.

Vinsep

Reaction score
simpson fits great except toe area and extra room is added in that area so the fit is good.
Ordered it during the Carmina store opening in NYC and met many members of Albalajego family so the extra charge for MTO was waived.

Wait, you still haven't received it yet? I ordered a pair during the opening week too and it arrived around Thanksgiving. Now I'm waiting for my second MTO pair placed in Jan...

It's my impression that Carmina is extreme willing to work with customers who have their own ideas. Their capability to make customized shoes is way beyond what is offered online. If you can visit their store in NYC.

My second pair is a rather special makeup and I will share once I get my hands on them.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Man. I love the foam on the bottom of the box and the little rod adding tension to the tissue paper. Haha. Little things do matter. Also, I appreciate that the boxes are actually big enough to accommodate the shoes. Seems a no brainer, but other makers could take the hint (ahem, ALDEN, ahem).

Well, little things matter to only a few people. Sounds like you like me, are one of those few. Some might call me a pain in the a.., but I’m old and from a taxi me when customer consideration was a real thing. There is a difference between customer service, customer consideration.

Carmina gets it.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads