1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by w.o.e.is.me., May 3, 2011.

1. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior Member

Skoak wingtips in the snow today after a toe polish.

[​IMG]

2. Fab75

Fab75 Well-Known Member

And the wine red is awesome

3. Fab75

Fab75 Well-Known Member

4. ErikW

ErikW Senior Member

5. NJE66

NJE66 Senior Member

Hi @Michael81,

No screw like this? If there is one, really easy to modify (screw, adjust length and punch a new hole). I order all my Carmina belts oversized and adjust for a perfect fit. Either you can do it yourself or let your cobbler adjust it (for like 5 Euro).

EDIT: Noticed late your following conversation with @sdfzs and the new construction. Sorry. Important information regarding a possible new design though.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018 at 12:37 PM

6. Fab75

Fab75 Well-Known Member

Carmina Cordovan mto

7. 007Bond

007Bond Senior Member

Well a day late due to DHL technical issues but worth the wait.

These are my BF sale boots that they offered to make for me since the system let me order the boots (2X) when they were not in stock.

My first Detroit last, definitely more width end to end compared to my Rain last shoes and boots, even extra wide in the toe area, to early in the game to tell if I love the fit or not. I know I can lace them tighter and get the gap closed top to bottom I just got home and tore open the box and slipped them on as fast as I could due to the long wait excitement (actually they came faster than promised). Overall fit is good now but not sure if these are going to break in loose. I know Rain last boots out of the box are snug all over but break in real nice where these Detroit last boots are not snug out of the box but not loose either. I really don't mind a little extra room in a boot especially a high top balmoral boot but don't want my foot floating in the future either. Oh and Dainite sole so these can see some of the harsh weather we have been having too.

IMG_20180118_161303.jpg IMG_20180118_161934.jpg IMG_20180118_162000.jpg IMG_20180118_162019.jpg