• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vinsep

Reaction score
I was at the store last month. Gorgeous shoes....

I wanted to see a Detroit lace up in uk 11, but no go.....Richard said he would call me.....never did.......bummed......I called the US number...never heard back....bummed

BTW, Rain last was very very comfy.

Richard is usually really responsive. I suspect the reason why he hasn’t contact you is because they still don’t have one in stock yet. It seems to me that their NY store still in it’s early days, understaffed and have logistic issues. Why don’t you send him an email?

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all u say is true..it was obvious.

I think I trashed his card....duh.....

do u have it?...can u pm it?..

thnx!

indianshaft

Reaction score
Anyone know how the Oscar last compares size wise to Alden's barrie last?

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to adding Carmina to my shoe collection - MTO balmoral boots on the Rain last with dainite soles. The quality of the leather and construction is excellent. I'm very impressed with the sole. The rubber is a nice, soft compound, which makes it ideal for winter conditions. It's been very comfortable to wear - almost no break-in required. My only criticism is that the museum calf is not quite as nice as the patina on my Carlos Santos shoes. They came with a free belt, which is nice but way too big, and thus completely useless.

Some photos:
P1040409.JPG
P1040412.JPG
P1040407.JPG

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^

Congrats! Those are beautifully executed. I wish Rain fit me better so I could get something similar.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I had hoped to receive my boots today and I never have had an issue with DHL.

But since yesterday morning I see this "Shipment on hold" details "Due to a technical issue the shipment is currently on hold pending further processing"

I called DHL and they really gave me no more info just said that the pkg is being held for a tech issue. I asked what could that be and she said maybe something wrong with the plane I really don't know more...

Anyone have exp with this, is there a problem that I should be contacting Carmina to look into?

sdfzs

Reaction score
Finally got around to adding Carmina to my shoe collection - MTO balmoral boots on the Rain last with dainite soles. The quality of the leather and construction is excellent. I'm very impressed with the sole. The rubber is a nice, soft compound, which makes it ideal for winter conditions. It's been very comfortable to wear - almost no break-in required. My only criticism is that the museum calf is not quite as nice as the patina on my Carlos Santos shoes. They came with a free belt, which is nice but way too big, and thus completely useless.

Some photos:
View attachment 909787 View attachment 909788 View attachment 909789

Shortening Carmina's belt is very straightforward. Unscrew, shorten, make another hole for the screw and assemble again

Fab75

Reaction score
P

Some photos:
View attachment 909787 View attachment 909788 View attachment 909789
Patina on your shoes looks quite nice. Love it
For me Carmina is doing a better job than Carlos Santos for patina. The best patina are from indépendant patina maker. Look at dandy shoe care for example

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had carlos santos braga patina, but didnt like their patina doesnt look natural not a fan. Carmina doesn't patinate their shoes, just lightly polished which i like cause you get to see the natural markings of the leather.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^

Congrats! Those are beautifully executed. I wish Rain fit me better so I could get something similar.

Thank you kindly. That's the beauty of MTO: If Rain doesn't work for you, you can get it in a last that does.

Shortening Carmina's belt is very straightforward. Unscrew, shorten, make another hole for the screw and assemble again

Not sure how that works. This doesn't look very easy to modify:
20180117_194252.jpg

P

Patina on your shoes looks quite nice. Love it
For me Carmina is doing a better job than Carlos Santos for patina. The best patina are from indépendant patina maker. Look at dandy shoe care for example

Thank you. I prefer CS patina because it's more subtle and natural looking. Carmina's patina is a bit too 'obvious' in my opinion.

Last edited:

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had carlos santos braga patina, but didnt like their patina doesnt look natural not a fan. Carmina doesn't patinate their shoes, just lightly polished which i like cause you get to see the natural markings of the leather.

I agree that some of CS's patina stuff is a little excessive. But Coimbra, Guimaraes and Algarve are great.

sdfzs

Reaction score
Thank you kindly. That's the beauty of MTO: If Rain doesn't work for you, you can get it in a last that does.

Not sure how that works. This doesn't look very easy to modify:
View attachment 909909

Thank you. I prefer CS patina because it's more subtle and natural looking. Carmina's patina is a bit too 'obvious' in my opinion.

Interesting! That belt design is totally different to Carmina’s earlier. I got about 6-7 belts with the old design that very easily was shortened but this is the first time I have seen a sewn one

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, my brown suede Carmina belt was shortened for me in their Paris shop.

Aggro

Reaction score
Carmina shoes outlet in London?

Apparently there is a small selection within Fenwick department store on the mens lower ground floor.

Can someone confirm this as I couldn't see any Carmina shoes anywhere?

If so, what was the selection like?

WilYa

Reaction score
I went there a few days ago. Indeed very small selection with 5-ish models. All at 30% off but didn't bother ask about sizing stock level.
Carmina shoes outlet in London?

Apparently there is a small selection within Fenwick department store on the mens lower ground floor.

Can someone confirm this as I couldn't see any Carmina shoes anywhere?

If so, what was the selection like?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics