• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmina Tarnsjo leather on oscar last from Skoak purchased two years ago. I love this leather.

20180115_130510.jpg

mbaltazar

Reaction score
I sent Carmina a message on Instagram and received an … underwhelming response, to say the least. It left me a tad bit disappointed since their answer seemed so overwhelmingly obvious as to be completely unhelpful.

"Hi Carmina,

I was wondering if you will be visiting Chicago in the near future (as party of a trunk show) or if there are any stores here (besides Barney's) that carries your shoes. I was at Barney's and tried on a beautiful black cap-toe but it was a bit painful, and I'd like to try on more shoes to determine my best size and last in your stunning designs. Any help you can offer would be most appreciated!

Regards,

[SilverFoxESQ]​

Good morning, you can definitely visit our us store at new york"

Lolololololol

Guys, get this together:

a) they're Spanish (from Spain...). Nothing against, but they are not the easiest, nicest, coolest, friendlier people on earth.

b) The vast majority of Spanish people speak... Spanish. A huge minority speak a foreign language like English. They never heard Chuck Norris voice, everything is translated; movies, soap operas, documentaries... you name it, it's translated.

c) Thanks to you Carmina grew from a "cool underground quality brand" to a global brand with global problems and global price increases each year, which we keep on supporting no matter what. Well I stopped buying Carmina...

They probably don't even know where Chicago is, but they know they have a cool and crowded store in NY where you guys can pop-off dollar bills to get a new pair of kicks.
SO, why should you expect them to know if, perhaps, maybe they will be in the near future in Chicago doing a Trunk Show? I wouldn't waste money on that, shoes are flying out the shelves...

It's because of their myopia that they're becoming a terrible brand...

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lolololololol

Guys, get this together:

a) they're Spanish (from Spain...). Nothing against, but they are not the easiest, nicest, coolest, friendlier people on earth.

b) The vast majority of Spanish people speak... Spanish. A huge minority speak a foreign language like English. They never heard Chuck Norris voice, everything is translated; movies, soap operas, documentaries... you name it, it's translated.

c) Thanks to you Carmina grew from a "cool underground quality brand" to a global brand with global problems and global price increases each year, which we keep on supporting no matter what. Well I stopped buying Carmina...

They probably don't even know where Chicago is, but they know they have a cool and crowded store in NY where you guys can pop-off dollar bills to get a new pair of kicks.
SO, why should you expect them to know if, perhaps, maybe they will be in the near future in Chicago doing a Trunk Show? I wouldn't waste money on that, shoes are flying out the shelves...

You are a real idiota.:bigstar:

Dichnotfu

Reaction score
Lolololololol

Guys, get this together:

Couldn't agree more.
It pains me because they're one of the few brands at their price range to offer good lasts for narrow feets but the customer service is just terrible and I've found satisfaction somewhere else anyway. If anyone is ever interested in ordering a pair of Carmina online I don't recommend the official website, Skoaktiebolaget is much more professional.

cakv

Reaction score
Hi Gents,
do you know any other retailer outside of Skoaktiebolaget that sells the 922 in that nice vegano brown? Not looking for the dark brown calf. They're all out of the 11.5 and I don't see a waitlist.

I tried looking myself for an online retailer but couldn't find one. Have also reached out to Carmina directly.

Bueller?

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm about to buy a new pair of suede Carmina loafers and am wondering if you guys have any thoughts on polo v. tobacco suede:

Polo: https://www.carminashoemaker.us/mens-loafers/penny-loafers-polo-suede-80191

Tobacco: https://www.carminashoemaker.us/mens-loafers/penny-loafers-tobacco-suede-80191

They're so similar that it is hard to distinguish... but any thoughts on which are more versatile/useful/beautiful? Anyone own both shades that could compare?
I'm a fan of the darker and redder tone of Polo suede. Tobacco looks more like the standard snuff to me.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Follow-up question: how did you guys size on the Uetam vs. Rain last? I'm a US 6.5 brannock (US 6D Alden Barrie) but weirdly a UK 6 in the Rain last for oxfords (by most suggested sizing I should be a UK 5.5). Not sure how to size the Uetam compared to my Rain and brannock sizes.

WilYa

Reaction score
Finally received my BF outlet order today.
A branding new-made pair! Although it was a disappointing process, for the price I paid, the shoes are second to none.
Same thing happened to me. Got an email yesterday saying my BF outlet order could not be proceeded. I chose to wait further longer to have it remanufactured at no extra cost. I was between sizes and it was kind for Carmina to change the size of the pair to be made.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally received my BF outlet order today.
A branding new-made pair! Although it was a disappointing process, for the price I paid, the shoes are second to none.

I just got notice from DHL that I am getting a shipment I am sure its my BF boots that were out of stock and they offered to make for me.

Can't wait it's still boot season!!!

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had the opportunity to stop by the NYC store yesterday. After following this brand for a while and coveting a pair to augment my mostly AE, TBNY, and Ferragamo collection I wanted to jump in but not without having a chance to get sizing right. Richard the store manager was very helpful and patient in getting me the right size. He explained all of their lasts, their custom program, etc. Also, got a chance to see all of the leathers up close. Now I'm deciding what to order. If you are in NYC it's highly recommended to stop by.

Last edited:

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was at the store last month. Gorgeous shoes....

I wanted to see a Detroit lace up in uk 11, but no go.....Richard said he would call me.....never did.......bummed......I called the US number...never heard back....bummed

BTW, Rain last was very very comfy.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was at the store last month. Gorgeous shoes....

I wanted to see a Detroit lace up in uk 11, but no go.....Richard said he would call me.....never did.......bummed......I called the US number...never heard back....bummed

BTW, Rain last was very very comfy.
That stinks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads