1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by w.o.e.is.me., May 3, 2011.

1. vmss

vmss Senior Member

Carmina Tarnsjo leather on oscar last from Skoak purchased two years ago. I love this leather.

20180115_130510.jpg

2. mbaltazar

mbaltazar Senior Member

Lolololololol

Guys, get this together:

a) they're Spanish (from Spain...). Nothing against, but they are not the easiest, nicest, coolest, friendlier people on earth.

b) The vast majority of Spanish people speak... Spanish. A huge minority speak a foreign language like English. They never heard Chuck Norris voice, everything is translated; movies, soap operas, documentaries... you name it, it's translated.

c) Thanks to you Carmina grew from a "cool underground quality brand" to a global brand with global problems and global price increases each year, which we keep on supporting no matter what. Well I stopped buying Carmina...

They probably don't even know where Chicago is, but they know they have a cool and crowded store in NY where you guys can pop-off dollar bills to get a new pair of kicks.
    SO, why should you expect them to know if, perhaps, maybe they will be in the near future in Chicago doing a Trunk Show? I wouldn't waste money on that, shoes are flying out the shelves...

It's because of their myopia that they're becoming a terrible brand...

3. dalevy

dalevy Distinguished Member

I clearly disagree.
    IMG_2925.jpg IMG_0791.JPG

IMG_0791.JPG

4. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Distinguished Member

Thanks! Super helpful to see these in the wild. They're beautiful but I think they might be a tiny bit too dark for what I'm looking for. I reckon I'll go with tobacco or with whatever "fox" is if Skoak runs it again.

Does anyone have photos of the tobacco suede in the wild?

5. Zapasman

Zapasman Distinguished Member

You are a real idiota.:bigstar:

6. Dichnotfu

Dichnotfu Member

Couldn't agree more.
    It pains me because they're one of the few brands at their price range to offer good lasts for narrow feets but the customer service is just terrible and I've found satisfaction somewhere else anyway. If anyone is ever interested in ordering a pair of Carmina online I don't recommend the official website, Skoaktiebolaget is much more professional.

7. cakv

cakv Senior Member

Bueller?

8. Churchill W

Churchill W Distinguished Member

I'm a fan of the darker and redder tone of Polo suede. Tobacco looks more like the standard snuff to me.