• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first Carmina purchased three years ago. Still my favorite Carmina and gets compliment everytime I wear them.

20171210_141353.jpg

Reaction score
Anyone also not gotten Black Weekend purchase shipped ? I ordered 24.11 and after a chat on 29.11 they said they where sorry for the delay and it would be shipped at latest 30.11. But it´s still not shipped. This is the first time I order from Carmina website. Hope this is not the usual service.

WilYa

Reaction score
Anyone also not gotten Black Weekend purchase shipped ? I ordered 24.11 and after a chat on 29.11 they said they where sorry for the delay and it would be shipped at latest 30.11. But it´s still not shipped. This is the first time I order from Carmina website. Hope this is not the usual service.
still waiting...

aMb

Reaction score

Still waiting as well

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received my first pair of shoes made on the Ueatam last. It's a beautiful pair of polo suede tassel loafers. I sized down by 0.5 from my Rain size and took the same as in Simpson.
While the loafers are quite snug in the front, there's a bit of a gap appearing at the side of my arches when I walk.
The heel feels good. I don't expierence any heel slip when I walk but I can easily slide out of it.
Here's my question: Should the heel feel tight at the beginning? How much does it loosen on suede Uetam loafers? I have experieced the heel widening on suede loafers from other makers quite a bit during the breakin period and after and I'm worried that I could get quite a bit of heel slip later on.
What's your take on this?

In my experience, Uetam is narrow in the toes but otherwise normal fitting; Uetam doesn’t work for me due to the toes. I take 10E in Carmina but would go down to 9.5 for loafers (Robert loafers in this size for me well). Based on your description, the size you are using may be a bit too long.

dresstokill

Reaction score
In my experience, Uetam is narrow in the toes but otherwise normal fitting; Uetam doesn’t work for me due to the toes. I take 10E in Carmina but would go down to 9.5 for loafers (Robert loafers in this size for me well). Based on your description, the size you are using may be a bit too long.
Thanks for your input!
The loafers are definitely not too long - the toe box feels very snug so that I could not size down and I'm just a tad short of touching the front with my big toe.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, those are indeed lovely. I wish I could fit Rain.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yup still waiting I ordered on Nov 23, looks like no one got a single shoe or shipping info. Soon we will be at a month for instock items, a bit extreme.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input!
The loafers are definitely not too long - the toe box feels very snug so that I could not size down and I'm just a tad short of touching the front with my big toe.

That taper on the lateral side of the Uetam is aggressive and I’m not surprised it feels tight. If your big toe is that close, though ... I don’t know. I am not an expert on loafers but have a couple, and the amount of heel slip you described would be a no-go for me. It may be that Uetam is not for you - if so, I feel your pain, lots of nice options on the last.

You may want to contact Carmina CS to get their input. If you are in the US, the NYC store manager (Richard) is very helpful.

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Detroit chukka:

4B091727-2BBB-47E0-876B-3904FD97E189.jpeg

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear Mr. X,

Tue Dec 5th.

We do appreciate your continued patience as we work to complete an overwhelming and unexpected amount of orders this holiday season.

Your two orders should ship momentarily.

Kindly note that you will receive an email with shipping confirmation and tracking number, the moment the items are on their way to your shipping address.

Please let us know if you should have any further questions.

Best regards,
Carmina Shoemaker Team

Dear Carmina,

I really don't want to send another email as that will just slow down the team. But can someone from Carmina respond to the group with an accurate update of when you anticipate our orders to ship. As you can see I was told "Momentarily" a week ago, we are all being patient but a status update for all our orders would be appreciated. Also if you can confirm for us US customers will our orders and future orders be shipped from NYC or will they continue to be shipped from Spain?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads