Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by w.o.e.is.me., May 3, 2011.

1. circumspice

circumspice Senior member

I love Simpson but wear Detroit without issue. Uetam in the same size as the above lasts doesn't work, and I haven't had the opportunity to try plus a half size. Rain I have tried on but not purchased, would need to go down a half size vs Simpson and Detroit

2. circumspice

circumspice Senior member

3. Butterfeet

Butterfeet Well-Known Member

Did Carmina just increase their prices on their international site? A standard pair used to cost €318 excluding taxes. It's now €341.

4. mdubya

mdubya Senior member

Yes, when I was speccing out a shoe on Tuesday/Wednesday it was 317 or 322 euros or something like that, and yesterday when I pulled the trigger it was 341 - annoying for sure but I had been waiting for an MTO sale so I wasn't going to let the price difference stop me. If they lower them back after the MTO sale then I will be upset.

5. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

6. marker2037

marker2037 Senior member

I wouldn't say the Soller is wide by any means. It's definitely long though which is why some people size down. I don't have experience with the Simpson last, but you should definitely size down (at least) .5 from your Simpson.

7. knezz

knezz Senior member

yes it did.thanks

8. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

I am sure I am not the only one that ordered the Massdrop Carmina shoes here.

Major problems with the drop!!!

I just got my shoes and... Oh no just like everyone else is saying on the Massdrop discussion, it seems like Massdrop has messed up the whole drop and sent everyone a pair of shoes that is one size too BIG!!!

Massdrop took all orders in our US shoes size, so I ordered a US size 10D, but seems that got lost somewhere when the shoes got ordered from Carmina. What a huge mistake someone has done here everyone's shoes are one size too big. I ordered a US10D should be a Carmina 9EE but I was sent a Carmina 10EE that is actually a US11D, wow this is a mess such a long wait and I can't even wear the shoes.

I just emailed support asking for a full refund including shipping or the correct size shoes like what I ordered. I seen one person post that Massdrop offered him a refund but wants him to pay for the return shipping. I don't know where the mistake was made but I don't see why we should pay for return shipping if we did not make the mistake!

I mean I would much rather have the shoes that I ordered in the correct size but if that is not going to happen I should not be out any money for someone else's mistake on my order.

I have no idea why Massdrop decided it would be best if we order our US shoe size. I mean when you depend on someone doing a conversion there is always the chance for error. I would have much rather Massdrop just had us order in UK sizes and then there would have be no need to depend on someone doing a conversion on the whole drop, and we all would have the correct size shoes.

I am posting this here in hopes that someone from Carmina sees this and can influence Massdrop to do the right thing. Either get everyone the correct size shoes or issue refunds in full and cover the return shipping.

Carmina, Please help this was a large group of customers that purchased Carmina from Massdrop and there seems to be a huge mistake on sizing with all the orders.

9. Vinsep

Vinsep Active Member

Massdrop really messed up there...

If I were the manager, I would immediately plead customer to return it by providing free shipping, then try to coordinate between available returned shoes and customers’ actual demands, deliver matching shoes, and refund those the unfortunate who can’t get a pair and provide coupon for future their use.

They probably will lose money doing this. Yet it’s worth it considering the reputational damage.

10. jet-stream

jet-stream Senior member

If Simpson fits you well, full agree that Alcudia will work - it's basically a Simpson with an Inca toe. Uetam has similar volume but less room in the toe box than Simpson IMO. Also, I believe Uetam is exclusively for loafers.

11. jet-stream

jet-stream Senior member

Didn't read far enough - if rain works for you, consider the same size in Inca as well.

12. Nemesis_4

Nemesis_4 Senior member

Agreed, major problems - really unfortunate. @Carmina

13. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

Is there still the promo with the mto fee waived?