• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aramanac shell shortwings 2day. These were an MTO:
P9ffVzi.jpg

wGG8JC0.jpg

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Opening in July, from their Instagram

For unforeseen circumstances with the construction site we are forced to keep pushing forward our opening date.

We are certainly trying to open the store as soon as possible, our predicted date will be 15th October.

knezz

Reaction score
Sure, but we're well into September already.
Lol. I've been involved with quite a few construction projects. There are so may issues that can pop up. I know that is especially true in New York City.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol. I've been involved with quite a few construction projects. There are so may issues that can pop up. I know that is especially true in New York City.

For sure. Can't be easy for a family business to open a retail storefront in the primest of Manhattan real estate...

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross post from the Gentlemen's Footwear thread...

My Carmina Norwegian split toes 757s in Chestnut on Soller last came in from Steve. Wow are they gorgeous. Can't thank you enough @steveyoo1983 . I went with a 9 UK and I typically wear 10 D US in almost all shoes, including AE 65 last. There's a little bit of heel slip (more so in my 1/2 size smaller left foot), but nothing a slightly thicker sock can't fix. The ones I'm wearing today are rather thin. I don't think that I could size down to a 8.5 UK either since the width on these is absolutely perfect, it's just that they are a tad long (again more so on my smaller left foot, right foot is pretty perfect). I'm wearing them on my carpet in my office right now and the soles are already getting more flexible; they were pretty stiff as soon as I put them on which I think contributes to the heel slip as once the sole breaks in more then there is less resistance for the heel to come up with my actual heel.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the quality, fit, and look of these Carminas. I plan to get more in the future, probably starting with this same model but in polo suede. As it stands, these have usurped my AE Fifth Avenues for my wedding shoes.

Don't mind the washed out iPhone pics. The lighting is tough inside here.

IMG_2323.JPG
IMG_2326.JPG
IMG_2327.JPG

NycLondon

Reaction score
For unforeseen circumstances with the construction site we are forced to keep pushing forward our opening date.

We are certainly trying to open the store as soon as possible, our predicted date will be 15th October.
Dear Carmina, I just posted this as a tongue in cheek joke!
We wait patiently, no problem I got my Carmina boots in Spain last autumn.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
Damn. I'll be in NYC Oct 7-9. So annoying I may barely miss the opening of the store.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cross post from the Gentlemen's Footwear thread...

My Carmina Norwegian split toes 757s in Chestnut on Soller last came in from Steve. Wow are they gorgeous. Can't thank you enough @steveyoo1983 . I went with a 9 UK and I typically wear 10 D US in almost all shoes, including AE 65 last. There's a little bit of heel slip (more so in my 1/2 size smaller left foot), but nothing a slightly thicker sock can't fix. The ones I'm wearing today are rather thin. I don't think that I could size down to a 8.5 UK either since the width on these is absolutely perfect, it's just that they are a tad long (again more so on my smaller left foot, right foot is pretty perfect). I'm wearing them on my carpet in my office right now and the soles are already getting more flexible; they were pretty stiff as soon as I put them on which I think contributes to the heel slip as once the sole breaks in more then there is less resistance for the heel to come up with my actual heel.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the quality, fit, and look of these Carminas. I plan to get more in the future, probably starting with this same model but in polo suede. As it stands, these have usurped my AE Fifth Avenues for my wedding shoes.

Don't mind the washed out iPhone pics. The lighting is tough inside here.

They look great! Congrats and enjoy!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads