• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find a Uetam size that worked for me - going down a half size elimated heel slip but made the toes way too tight. Heel slip suggests the shoes are too long or have too much volume, and if your feet are similar to mine Uetam may not work. If you are looking at loafers, however, Robert may be worth considering (though maybe a half size down from what you tried with Uetam). Alcudia also works well in the same size you take Simpson.

That would become UK6 for Robert & UK7 for Alcudia, seems quite off, but I do have some loafer that are UK6 from Berwick1707

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My feet probably same type to jet-stream as "low-volume foot, narrow heels, and need room in the toes", and even have heel slip with Uetam. Heard Alcudia might be another better solution?

I think I have a similar issue, low-volume, narrow heels and need room in the toes. For example, Rain in 9.5 UK feels tight against my 4th toe in my usual size but 10 UK is way too long. Inca, since it's more round than Rain, feel nice but also my 4th toe feels a little pressure. As for the heel in Inca and instep, it feels just great.

Now, as for Uetam, I love this last. I have 4 pairs, one is 9 UK in suede, I have very little heel slip but doesn't feel tight anywhere. Then I have two in 9.5 UK in suede also, one in green suede and the slippers in navy suede. The green ones feel perfect, no tightness at all, no heel slip but the navy ones, I had some heel slip but now it has reduced a lot. I think the shoe needed to break-in just a touch. The last one is a full strap penny loafer in 9.5 UK but EE. And it feels a bit roomy but since it's a low instep last, it grabs and holds my foot perfectly. I really think that Uetam is a great last for my feet.

eyeheartny

Reaction score
I think I have a similar issue, low-volume, narrow heels and need room in the toes. For example, Rain in 9.5 UK feels tight against my 4th toe in my usual size but 10 UK is way too long. Inca, since it's more round than Rain, feel nice but also my 4th toe feels a little pressure. As for the heel in Inca and instep, it feels just great.

Now, as for Uetam, I love this last. I have 4 pairs, one is 9 UK in suede, I have very little heel slip but doesn't feel tight anywhere. Then I have two in 9.5 UK in suede also, one in green suede and the slippers in navy suede. The green ones feel perfect, no tightness at all, no heel slip but the navy ones, I had some heel slip but now it has reduced a lot. I think the shoe needed to break-in just a touch. The last one is a full strap penny loafer in 9.5 UK but EE. And it feels a bit roomy but since it's a low instep last, it grabs and holds my foot perfectly. I really think that Uetam is a great last for my feet.

Sounds like you and I have similar feet. If you were going to get a 5-eyelet chukka, which last would work for you? I like the rounder profiles like the Soller, Oscar, Detroit, and Forest. Any thoughts on what might work for my feet? I'm thinking of a casual shell chukka on double Dainite.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sounds like you and I have similar feet. If you were going to get a 5-eyelet chukka, which last would work for you? I like the rounder profiles like the Soller, Oscar, Detroit, and Forest. Any thoughts on what might work for my feet? I'm thinking of a casual shell chukka on double Dainite.

I haven't tried those lasts. I have a pair of 3 eyelet chukkas in Rain. But I think, that maybe Oscar is the one that has more space. Carmina told me that the Forest last, to match the width of the Rain I should go with the EE. So I don't think it has a lot of space. Detroit would be a nice choice too.

zanci

Reaction score
We can look into it for the style forum Carmina GMTO.

Getting back to this topic. Would you like to start discussing the possible models, leather.. that could interest you?
Is it possible to get the horween russian calf leather ? The oily one that st crispin uses?

eyeheartny

Reaction score
I haven't tried those lasts. I have a pair of 3 eyelet chukkas in Rain. But I think, that maybe Oscar is the one that has more space. Carmina told me that the Forest last, to match the width of the Rain I should go with the EE. So I don't think it has a lot of space. Detroit would be a nice choice too.

I love the shape of Detroit but I don't think they'll fit my foot! I think they have too much volume. Have you tried the Detroit on? Did it work for your low-volume foot with a narrow heel?

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the shape of Detroit but I don't think they'll fit my foot! I think they have too much volume. Have you tried the Detroit on? Did it work for your low-volume foot with a narrow heel?

My 2 cents:
Tried one from reddit GMTO and no luck - I can't fit into Alden Barrie too.

eyeheartny

Reaction score
My 2 cents:
Tried one from reddit GMTO and no luck - I can't fit into Alden Barrie too.

Thanks. I struggle with the Barrie as well. I bought two pairs before I understood shoe fit. I have tongue pads in the D width ones that make them fit ok and the C width ones are too loose in the forefoot but okay-ish in the heel.

I really like the wide and chunky look of the Detroit but it probably won't work.

turtounet

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently purchased these suede chukkas in Rain last from the Carmina outlet store, they are sooo comfortable :)

20170728_075115.jpg

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
@turtounet i like the look of those, but i would recommend getting some cleaning and maintaining products to keep them looking pristine.

Rodman

Reaction score
Do you have experience with Saphir super invulner? I am still trying to find proper products for suede. All the sprays I have use so far had some negative effects on the look of the suede

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have experience with Saphir super invulner? I am still trying to find proper products for suede. All the sprays I have use so far had some negative effects on the look of the suede

Tarragon Nano Protector should do the job better than Saphir

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads