• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the overall LOOK is similar, last or no, & awesome. don't steal my thunder trying to get excited to take the edge off the wait.

From experience, a way to do this is to forget you even ordered anything and distract yourself - that way, it's a nice surprise when you do finally get that notice that it's all done.

Concub1ne

Reaction score
Those look damn good nepats, wish I had gotten myself a pair before they sold out. Oh well, just gotta pounce on the restock I guess. Thanks for rehosting the pics btw.

there ya go, that's what i meant.
having the AS Moore in hard to locate chestnut in my size should be a couple o weeks away & may help a little.
i really am stoked about the boot. i think we made an excellent choice. (insert mental justification here)

Wow, we are in the exact same boat. I actually got my chestnut moores in early october, then noticed a defect and sent them back. Now I gotta wait til november sometime before I get my replacements.

Last edited:

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look damn good nepats, wish I had gotten myself a pair before they sold out. Oh well, just gotta pounce on the restock I guess. Thanks for rehosting the pics btw.

Wow, we are in the exact same boat. I actually got my chestnut moores in early october, then noticed a defect and sent them back. Now I gotta wait til november sometime before I get my replacements.

and here I thought I was the ONLY one getting my chestnuts in November. dammit.
if I end up getting your rejects ima go off on somebody.
smack.gif

Last edited:

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From experience, a way to do this is to forget you even ordered anything and distract yourself - that way, it's a nice surprise when you do finally get that notice that it's all done.
thanks, you're exactly right mr. nelson. i just have to grieve a little before letting go.

diglett

Reaction score
So far, the only way I can forget that I bought something is when I buy a lot of similar items (e.g., sweaters) at once. Believe me, I wish I could buy enough bal boots to forget about a pair or two.

Fiddler

Reaction score
Hey guys can anyone who has tried the detroit last chime in? I love the slightly squared off tip and it looks like a shoe that would effortlessly accommodate a foot leaning towards wide but... must get the size right since I hate returning stuff.

My true size is US9D

The guys at SKB sweden reckon it's an F in width...that makes it wider than Rain and Inca lasts.

I wear the Alfred Sargent Cambridge boot in 8F and its the best fit ever....so I guess I must also take Detroit in 8.

But I don't know anything about how Detroit last is in the instep and any other peculiarities.

Any observations to share?

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Betty: "we will probably make a serie again of this style [cognac shell bal boot] following your advise."

So... good news for everybody not me!

sahbryant

Reaction score

Betty: "we will probably make a serie again of this style [cognac shell bal boot] following your advise." So... good news for everybody not me!
is this with a dainite sole or a leather sole

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine was with Dainite, but I can't be positive that's what they'll choose to use.

Bill Splates

Reaction score
Finally received my remade shoes. It took around a month to ship 'm, make new ones and ship 'm back, but that is one hell of a service.

Breaking them in right now.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, Paul and Friends have some cool Carmina makeups that I really like.

I ended up ordering the captoe boots in Cognac Shell on Oscar last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads