Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by w.o.e.is.me., May 3, 2011.

1. vriche

vriche Senior member

Thank you! Do most people go up 1/2 size from Rain to Inca like they do with Simpson?

2. galileo

galileo Senior member

I don't own one as only Simpson/Uetam fits me well.
    Mostly the same size afair

3. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

I don't remember a 15% coupon from Carmina coming up before this one.

There was also the time they debuted their customization tool. They waived all customization charges for that short period.

If you follow this thread, retailers like Epaulet, Skoak will have sales on Carminas and members will report about those.

4. jet-stream

jet-stream Senior member

Inca fits similar to Rain for me; Rain is bigger in heel and instep but about the same in toes. Inca 10 is good for me, but I can almost go down to 9.5 in Rain.

Simpson is definitely narrower, I'd suggest going up a half size (10.5 Simpson is perfect for me).

5. Carmina

Carmina Member Affiliate Vendor

Karengrein should be more durable for snowy regions.

6. Carmina

Carmina Member Affiliate Vendor

Good afternoon @phsiao08, https://www.carminashoemaker.us/shipping-return If you wish to exchange or return an item, you will be sent a FedEx return label upon request. You would only be responsible for paying in case of refund. There is a flat return rate of 35$ that will be subtracted from your refund to partially make up for the shipping, handling and custom costs.

Do make sure to inform us if your items have any kind of fault and we will study other possibilities.

Have a lovely day!

7. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Hey guys, need a bit of your help. So with this Hot Sale, a store that has Carmina has put them with a deep discount, they en up at $155 USD... I fear they may not bring Carmina (god dammit fellow mexicans that all they buy is Ferragamo and Gucci and LV) so this might be the last chance to get some Carmina in here. They have some only two models available in my size, two loafers in suede. If they were in another colour, like polo suede or something, I would not hesistate and would have already bought them. But they are in tricky colour, green and blue.

Which one would you choose?

Slippers

[​IMG]

String loafers

[​IMG]

8. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

9. Meyboom

Meyboom Senior member

I would buy the ones that you like best :) Personally I would go for the loafers but that's just because I always think of slippers as something that you can only wear at home. I don't see myself walking in the streets wearing slippers for some reason. And as much as I like blue as a colour for clothes I don't feel the same about blue shoes. Those grey/green loafers though can easily be combined with navy or cream trousers...

10. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Thank guys! I think the same, for summer with my linen trouser would look fantastic. But the slippers, I don't know if they would look good with jeans.

11. Tobylav

Tobylav Member

Wanted to place an order but website has been down for last 45 min :(

12. mr.invincible

mr.invincible Senior member

13. Meyboom

Meyboom Senior member

Sorry, I can't be of any help because I never wear trainers... Are your trainer sizes UK or US sizes? Bear in mind the Carmina website uses UK sizes which means you have to go down by 1 size in general (eg. 8.5 US is 7.5 UK).

14. insy

insy Senior member

I've got the Nike Flyknits in 47,5 EU and would need 10,5 UK in those Carminas.

As for their discounts, Black Friday they had 20% on the outlet section and a matching belt for regular orders.