Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by w.o.e.is.me., May 3, 2011.

1. aristoi bcn

aristoi bcn Senior member

I would recommend you to stay with 6,5UK, with even more reason if you are going for a loafer.

May I ask you how the fit on your Cleverleys is compared to Carmina Simpson?

2. galileo

galileo Senior member

Thanks, consider the Reddit gmto actually.

Cleverley'a heel cup grips well too, since I have slightly probated feet, pressures exerted on pinky toes to spray. There's protruding bone at ball and it hurts after wearing for whole day.

For Simpson as it's suede, it's more forgiving while I feel not enough room to move toes, or slightly curled. Even though it's long,

Simpson: long but narrow toe box - it's just long while not enough space for toes to extend freely. Instep good for me but bit restraining on left foot, as my instep got protruding bones and veins again. Heel grips well.

Cleverley: Wider toe box tip areas, similar instep (Semi-brouge), widest part didn't fit my ball. Heel grips well.

All my problem originates from bony instep and protruding ball bones.

3. vmss

vmss Senior member

Carmina makes some sense here. The "natural colored" lining that most makers use are chrome tanned unless they are using vegetable tanned lining then there would be definitely be some advantages other than that all are just colored with dyed. I have some shoes with "natural " colored lining and all are chrome tanned dyed with pastel beige color.

4. aristoi bcn

aristoi bcn Senior member

Thank you very much. I suppose we are talking about the same size, aren't we?