1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by w.o.e.is.me., May 3, 2011.

1. insy

insy Senior member

Well, I had no option choosing the lining unfortunately. It's not customized but just from their MTO section. They are offering three styles on the Buger last in their RTW Section as well now. All of them have the same lining as I do. Any idea what I can do to fix it?

2. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I believe you could take it to a skilled cobbler and they can replace the heel lining. It won't be ideal, but it will probably remedy the squeaking.

3. Carmina

Carmina Member Affiliate Vendor

We have spoken to one of the craftsmen in charge of finishing the shoes and these markings are indeed made by the shoes rubbing against the box. We have decided to make some arrangements to avoid this issue in all our future suede boxing.

In order to solve your problem, you would just have to use a small amount of alcohol with a clean cotton cloth, clean the suede carefully and then use a suede brush. We have tried with a pair shoes in our factory and I did make a great difference.

Thank you for your excellent feedback, it will certainly help us improve.

Last edited: May 22, 2017 at 8:53 AM
  4. jet-stream

jet-stream Senior member

This is no doubt sage advice, but I must admit that I really like the signature purple lining. Not sure if I'd accept constant squeaking to have it, and it's perhaps a silly thing to enjoy, but i like it nonetheless!