Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by w.o.e.is.me., May 3, 2011.

1. diglett

diglett Senior member

I wasn't being a smartass; I'm in on the MTO, am worried about sizing, and have no experience with those other lasts. Given that I have no idea how his foot is shaped, I can't infer too much from his description.

2. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Senior member

The shell MTO is closed.

The interest have been great and we ended up with 17 people. This must be some sort of record. Closing a group buy at SF in one week sounds impossible but miracles happen :D

The partisipants will get a PM as soon as i´m done sorting the data out. Don´t PM me, my inbox will burst :)

3. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Just wanted to say that the 80188 is a nice looking shoe. Not sure I've seen many brouge-less, straight cap oxfords with a counter like that. Melikes.

Skoaktiebolaget has some fine makeups.

[​IMG]

4. Concub1ne

Concub1ne Senior member

As I understood it from the chap who assisted me the oscar last is meant to have a generous toebox. I've never had a problem with the toebox of a shoe fitwise though, so I may not be the best person to ask. My mental checklist pretty much omits anything that doesn't cause me discomfort.

5. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

You ended up on the sweet side of that dealio. Those navy shell boots will be among your favorites for a LLLLOONNNGGGGG time.

Which in your world is what? Perhaps three or four months!??!?!?!?!?!?! :crackup:

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

Very nice gives off a modified last look a bit. Really bummed shoes&shirts won't ship to the USA they have a ravello model similar to this for sub 700 with VAT

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Oh you cold, g, ice cold. I'm going to live those shoes a long time. I'm convinced now that navy shell is the most versatile shoe color

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  8. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Hands off (enter hand slapping .gif)

No more shoes for you (enter soup nazi .gif)

Why aren't you working, NAMOR? (enter Donald trump fired .gif)

9. Concub1ne

Concub1ne Senior member

I realized that my account would be a bit lacking when I typed it. I just figured it might be of some limited value. I took digletts comment to be a bit tongue in cheek though, so I'm not offended. Frank also compelled me to make a last comparison, but in my haste I didn't check my PMs and so I neglected it. My bad.

OT: I think digletts avatar is Tom Hardy from the movie "Bronson". I have not seen it though, so I just read all his posts in the voice of Bane. Now you know something about me. [​IMG]

10. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

@ Stevent. Yes, it also reminded me a bit of the counter on the modified. It's a minor point, and not much visible under trousers, but perhaps it softens up a pretty stiff shoe. May even look good under some cuffed denim.

Who won't ship to the US? Who has the Ravello?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  11. diglett

diglett Senior member

It's obviously not a huge issue that you didn't check out the other Carmina lasts (as nobody expected you to do that in the first place), but it would have been nice. Regardless, I'm sure some folks could make good use of your comparisons.

Oh, and you're absolutely right about the avatar.

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

Namor of course no shoes asked them a few weeks ago.

Kashiwa store is in holland called either shoes&shirts or shirts&shoes. They have a few modified shell that would be 550ish after VAT deduction

13. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

^^ I see. Didn't realize that was the name of a store. Looks like you'll have to make a trip to Europe.

14. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

ICE ICE Baby.

I don't even own navy shell (yet) but those bootz have definitely stuck in my mind. I can imagine a gazillion ways to wear them.

15. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

I've been stuck in a meeting all afternoon ... Any chance I can still get in on the MTO?