Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by w.o.e.is.me., May 3, 2011.

1. stef_b29

stef_b29 Member

Hello there. by any chance, could anyone here PM Betty's mail, please? I would like to place an order and check these shoes out by myself. Thank you in advance guys.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  2. meister

meister Senior member

carminashoemaker.com

3. kev777

kev777 Senior member

Is it just me that finds the website not very user friendly?? Could do with a very heavy overhaul

4. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

I'm sure one is in the pipeline.
    I did send them a message through the site over a week about purchasing a pair of shell loafers. No one ever got back to me.

5. stef_b29

stef_b29 Member

So did I. no reply yet.

6. countbaron

countbaron Senior member

My My

One goes on vacation and returns to see how far the artificial Carmina bandwagon has gone...

One is impressed

Lots of effort here to promote this brand. Of course any reference to coordinated action by interested parties must be put aside as conspiracy theory

Go for it boys, and get buying these masterpieces before the factory closes down

7. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Countbaron is right. I hate all this bandwagoning. I'm making sure to avoid Carmina, Edward Green, C&Js, G&G, Lobbs, Santoni, Corthay, JM Westons, etc. All those brands suck, and I can't take how all of you say anything positive about them - especially you dolts who have direct experience with the shoes.

8. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

lol. he almost has a point though.

Their price point and reviews indicate that the quality is somewhere between C&J benchgrade and handgrade. That's what i'm expecting when i receive them and i'll be absolutely satisfied with that. Those "quality indicators" above don't really seem to be of that much significance IMO, it's not like they're doing handwelting at that price. There's no need to exclaim that they are some ridiculously good deal. People should stop searching for the ultimate bargain and just accept that they're paying for luxury shoes. Nice shoes, nice price, can afford, buy.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  9. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

Me neither.

10. meister

meister Senior member

My reply from Betty took a week or so. The follow up was faster. I think once you break thru the first email address you get onto the carminashoemaker site and it is more direct. I suspect they are new to internet selling.

11. kirbya

kirbya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I met with these guys while at Pitti in June. Surprisingly, they do a TON of business in Japan. It's their largest market outside of Spain. They're beautiful shoes.

12. lexmann

lexmann Senior member

That's why the staff in their Pairs shop is Japanese. Young ladies but are very knowledgeable about fitting, leather, construction,...

13. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

Yes they do!

Band wagoning or not, from my point of view Carmina offers one of the best price quality ratio in the market, and I have experience of wearing them, Alden, Vass, C&J, EG amongst others. The only issue with Carmina that I have is some of their designs are rather quirky but there are enough classic designs to go around for me.

14. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

i rate them higher...

15. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

I just got a reply from them. I think it would be great if as potential buyers we (i.e. SFers who are corresponding with Carmina) could share info on pricing, etc.

Interested parties can PM me.

Question: where can I find info on how their lasts fit? They tell me that their 8.5UK = 9US, which would make them in the same sizing range as EGs.