• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EUtroll

Reaction score
IMG20230601121111.jpg

I received my pair from the MTO weekend almost two weeks ago so really quick turnaround.

Really happy with the natural CXL, less orange IRL, and the Oscar last is quite ok but not as comfortable as the llubi on the instep. A small bump inside the right shoe in the forefoot but I hope it to compress with some wear.

Last edited:

bpt7594

Reaction score
Does this happen to anybody ?

I have 2 pairs of Inca Double Monks in shell. In the beginning, they were very tight across the instep and I can only put both straps at the middle holes and my heel does not slip at all. After like a week of wearing them, suddenly I have to put both straps at the 1st holes (much tighter) and my heel slips more. It's like either my shoes have stretched too much too fast or I'm "sinking" into thems too much.

TBH I prefer a snug fit so this can be problematic.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
View attachment 1967287

I received my pair from the MTO weekend almost two weeks ago so really quick turnaround.

Really happy with the natural CXL, less orange IRL, and the Oscar last is quite ok but not as comfortable as the llubi on the instep. A small bump inside the right shoe in the forefoot but I hope it to compress with some wear.
Nicely done!

Also, agreed on the Oscar vs Llubi. I go up a half size on Oscar to compensate. Oscar's toe box is also a little tight for my liking.

Aggro

Reaction score
Have Carmina stopped doing kid leather/goat skin?

There isn't an option for kid leather (goat)?

Attachments

• carmina-chelsea-boot-no-goat-leather.png
    carmina-chelsea-boot-no-goat-leather.png
    697 KB · Views: 82

Aggro

Reaction score
What is the actual difference in width (in MM) between Rain & Rain EEE?

For width wider than Rain EEE, what is the closest last to Rain (but the next step up in width from Rain EEE given this is the widest in Rain)?

Last edited:

MD1969

Reaction score
Have Carmina stopped doing kid leather/goat skin?

There isn't an option for kid leather (goat)?
They still have it “Shoe Making “ then “Leathers.” It my not show availability for the type of shoe/boot, so you’ll have to contact them.

oskrusa

Reaction score
Looks like I made the Carmina highlight reel (with triple soles, apparently, we'll see), excited to get these beauties!

I have to note, little more than a months wait for these. Carmina's turn-around time is remarkable for the quality that they produce. Alden could learn a few (or many) things!

View attachment 1967165

These look amazing. They are on model 80184, right?
Please, share picts when you get them.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These look amazing. They are on model 80184, right?
Please, share picts when you get them.
It's just their jumper with a couple modifications. I should have them next week and will share some photos

Aggro

Reaction score
What is the actual difference in width (in MM) between Rain & Rain EEE?

For width wider than Rain EEE, what is the closest last to Rain (but the next step up in width from Rain EEE given this is the widest in Rain)?
Rain EEE is only slightly wider than Rain (by ~2 MM, if that)

See pic

Attachments

• rain-vs-rainEEE.png
    rain-vs-rainEEE.png
    142.9 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

MattyS

Reaction score
I recall that at one point Carmina sold a loafer with a braided tassel (along the lines of the Edward Green Belgravia). Does anyone know whether this is still available -- even by special order? I can't seem to find it on the website, and so I imagine it's been discontinued.

hollandn

Reaction score
I recall that at one point Carmina sold a loafer with a braided tassel (along the lines of the Edward Green Belgravia). Does anyone know whether this is still available -- even by special order? I can't seem to find it on the website, and so I imagine it's been discontinued.
Model 80371 has a braided tassel

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads