• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone get their SF MTO shipping notifications yet?

I just did - ironically I’m in the country next to my boots’ point of origin and will have to wait a little longer before unboxing, but them’s the breaks

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone get their SF MTO shipping notifications yet?

I just did - ironically I’m in the country next to my boots’ point of origin and will have to wait a little longer before unboxing, but them’s the breaks

Someone already got their pair a few pages back.

smoothguyto

Reaction score
I was looking at the suede MTO event and I thought it was a shame that they couldn't offer any of the MTO styles in Detroit EEE or even just allow the option for Rain in EEE since they do have Rain styles. This pretty much reduces my windows of opportunity to the 2 custom events each year since I have duck feet. I cannot get a good fit from any other lasts I've tried since I'm EE width in normal US sizing.

bpt7594

Reaction score
I'm looking at the loafer model 80440 in Pina last. I went to the Carmina store to try it out but they did not have it in 7.5 (all my other Carmina shoes are in Inca 7.5 as that's the only last that goes well with my feet). The store manager suggested that I try the 80113 loafer in Xim last which he said is nearly identical to the Pina except that the Xim is for Blake stitch loafers while the other is GYW.

LTS the Xim fits me quite well as it is quite similar to the Inca but with more rooms at the toes. Therefore I'm just looking for info on the fit between Pina & Xim since I'm looking to customize the 80440 and fit is crucial..

Thanks for your help.

hollandn

Reaction score
I'm looking at the loafer model 80440 in Pina last. I went to the Carmina store to try it out but they did not have it in 7.5 (all my other Carmina shoes are in Inca 7.5 as that's the only last that goes well with my feet). The store manager suggested that I try the 80113 loafer in Xim last which he said is nearly identical to the Pina except that the Xim is for Blake stitch loafers while the other is GYW.

LTS the Xim fits me quite well as it is quite similar to the Inca but with more rooms at the toes. Therefore I'm just looking for info on the fit between Pina & Xim since I'm looking to customize the 80440 and fit is crucial..

Thanks for your help.
I had a pair of custom cordovan made on 80440 in Pina but I don’t have Xim. I do have loafers in Uetam and Genova and I take the exact the same size of 12 in all three. Pina is nearly identical to Genova in fit and compared to Uetam the Pina has a smidge more room in the toe box.

bpt7594

Reaction score
I had a pair of custom cordovan made on 80440 in Pina but I don’t have Xim. I do have loafers in Uetam and Genova and I take the exact the same size of 12 in all three. Pina is nearly identical to Genova in fit and compared to Uetam the Pina has a smidge more room in the toe box.
IMG_3479.jpeg

It seems like the genova is “taller” in the instep while having more room for the big toe and less for the last ones ? I usually have problems with my 4th and 5th toe so it seems like Genova would be a bad fit (I can’t fit into Rain or Simpson due to this).

hollandn

Reaction score
View attachment 1965459

It seems like the genova is “taller” in the instep while having more room for the big toe and less for the last ones ? I usually have problems with my 4th and 5th toe so it seems like Genova would be a bad fit (I can’t fit into Rain or Simpson due to this).
I can only speak from real world experience rather than last illustrations from Carmina. To me Genova and Pina fit almost identically with Pina having a tiny bit more toe box room. See attached photos. Genova is the burgundy shoe and Pina is the Bourbon shoe. On side view photo Genova on right and Pina on the left and on the above view photo Genova on the left and Pina on the right.

Attachments

• IMG_2033.jpeg
    IMG_2033.jpeg
    264.6 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_2034.jpeg
    IMG_2034.jpeg
    408.3 KB · Views: 349

bpt7594

Reaction score
I can only speak from real world experience rather than last illustrations from Carmina. To me Genova and Pina fit almost identically with Pina having a tiny bit more toe box room. See attached photos. Genova is the burgundy shoe and Pina is the Bourbon shoe. On side view photo Genova on right and Pina on the left and on the above view photo Genova on the left and Pina on the right.
Thanks a lot that helps

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like I made the Carmina highlight reel (with triple soles, apparently, we'll see), excited to get these beauties!

I have to note, little more than a months wait for these. Carmina's turn-around time is remarkable for the quality that they produce. Alden could learn a few (or many) things!

IMG_2285.jpg

Last edited:

MD1969

Reaction score
Looks like I made the Carmina highlight reel (with triple soles, apparently, we'll see), excited to get these beauties!

I have to note, little more than a months wait for these. Carmina's turn-around time is remarkable for the quality that they produce. Alden could learn a few (or many) things!

View attachment 1967165
WOW!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads