• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
I also experienced this with this spring's MTO event on both the pairs I ordered. One pair had a 270 degree welt instead of the requested 360 welt. The other pair lacked fudging, which I also requested. Seems like they have issues dealing with the large volume of orders during events.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forest last
A66C526C-F4B1-4816-8CC1-EC885CCF4491.jpeg

RozenKristal

Reaction score
I didn't know Carmina doesn't measure foot in store in NYC locations? My sis got a pair of Oscar boots and curious to check out other lasts, went to the store and all they can do is suggested some socks, no brannock measurement in store. It was pretty awkward after I told her get your size check out there so it will be easier to buy something later on knowing your size...

A12321

Reaction score
I didn't know Carmina doesn't measure foot in store in NYC locations? My sis got a pair of Oscar boots and curious to check out other lasts, went to the store and all they can do is suggested some socks, no brannock measurement in store. It was pretty awkward after I told her get your size check out there so it will be easier to buy something later on knowing your size...
I had the same experience and reaction. They kept suggesting I try on all of their lasts in different sizes, which was pretty annoying.

RozenKristal

Reaction score
I had the same experience and reaction. They kept suggesting I try on all of their lasts in different sizes, which was pretty annoying.
I know right? A shoes store that don't have a brannock device is weird. I went to Alden, Allen Edmonds, Standard & Strange... All of them can measure my feet to suggest lasts and sizes. Why didn't they do that with Carmina? :\

Iloveshoes19009

Reaction score
I know right? A shoes store that don't have a brannock device is weird. I went to Alden, Allen Edmonds, Standard & Strange... All of them can measure my feet to suggest lasts and sizes. Why didn't they do that with Carmina? :\

Because carminas last are very unique. They dont go by any particular "brannock" sizing.

For example, tlb, Crockett jones and yanko are pretty avg sizing so you can generally use any last in your normal size, while carminas tend to be alot more narrow and low volume regardless of the last.

Feet can vary from person to person so its very important for you to find a perfect last for you.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The measurements that Carmina could take are from the insole of the shoe but the othervolumes are different and are intended to be unique and special, therefore it is always better to try on the shoe or if you buy online inform yourself well about the lasr descriptions. Some lasts are recomended to size half bigger or other recommendations.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Christmas Gift ideas | Carmina Shoemaker

Christmas is just around the corner. Explore the collection of accessories and shoes selected by our designers to give to your loved ones this Christmas. All our products are made with high quality leather that will last a lifetime.

Select the one that best suits your style and you have the perfect gift for this iconic holiday season.

Visit carminashoemaker.com to discover original gift ideas.

#carmina #carminashoemaker #menstyle #カルミナ #menloafers #ootd #leathershoes #premiumshoes #artisan #dapper #handcrafted #luxuryfootwear #shoes #ootdshoes #handmadeshoes #mensshoes #mensstyle #menstyle #goodyear #christmas #christmasgift #christmasideas #giftguide #giftideas
Christmas_post_gif_2b.gif

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question:

Have others used Saphir Renovateur on Carmina's black box calf as a conditioner? I'm about to order some but want to make sure it's not going to damage that particular leather.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads