• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moostyle

Reaction score
Probably Oscar, but it won't have more volume than 325 just a sleeker version of it. Soller is another round toe last that will be a bit more elongated
Thanks for the extra detail I really appreciate it. The C&J 325 UK10 is pretty much my perfect last (once the shell has loosened a little with wear and shoe trees) so I would be looking to replicate it as closely as possible without sacrificing pinky toe space, or I guess I also wouldn't mind having a 'little' extra pinky toe at the same UK10 size without ruining the form. :)

Last edited:

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the extra detail I really appreciate it. The C&J 325 UK10 is pretty much my perfect last (once the shell has loosened a little with wear and shoe trees) so I would be looking to replicate it as closely as possible without sacrificing pinky toe space. :)
Either @stook1 Or @Crafty Cumbrian would be best to help since they own both 325 and many of the Carmina lasts

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Having a brain fart, hope someone can help me. for Uetam last, E is standard width, and EE is extra wide, correct?
I’m a US EE. Uetam EE is similar to an E from Allen Edmonds, for example. I can only wear a vet select few lasts from Carmina because they don’t really cater to wide feet 😔

KarlHungus

Reaction score
I’m a US EE. Uetam EE is similar to an E from Allen Edmonds, for example. I can only wear a vet select few lasts from Carmina because they don’t really cater to wide feet 😔
Appreciate your insight. In AE I need usually to wear E or EE depending on last, but mostly due to my higher instep than their lasts typically allow for. In carmina I find normal width typically fits me very well as instep is generally higher across the range of lasts, Simpson and maybe a couple others I haven't tried notwithstanding.
I guess as they say, every foot is different

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Thanks man, I will likely buy a pair of black (80179) and a pair of No.4 shell (80791) boots. Now I just need to figure out which last is closest to C&J 325 with a bit of extra toe room!
I like Llubi as well. That’s very similar fitting. Oscar is close in aesthetic and fit. Both of those I think you’d be fine with.

MattyS

Reaction score
You can request an EEE version of any last in an MTO purchase. (I had a pair of double monks made on an EEE version of the Inca last.) I was told at one of the Carmina stores in NY that the width of, say, a 9EEE is equivalent to width of a standard 9.5. So, I tried on a bunch of shoes that were a half-size too long, so that I could get a sense of the right width. I have super wide/flat feet (10EEE in Allen Edmonds Strands, for instance), and my MTO Carmina shoes fit me perfectly.

Moostyle

Reaction score
I like Llubi as well. That’s very similar fitting. Oscar is close in aesthetic and fit. Both of those I think you’d be fine with.
Thanks a lot man I really appreciate that. Oscar Size 10 is looking like it's going to be the winner over Llubi so far judging from the last diagrams. :)

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Thanks a lot man I really appreciate that. Oscar Size 10 is looking like it's going to be the winner over Llubi so far judging from the last diagrams. :)

Slightly late reply here. Oscar is a good choice for a moderate fit round toe boot. If you like the 325 then Oscar would like work for you in the same size. You could also consider Forest for a good round toe boot last. The toe box is taller than 325 and Oscar (but not bulbous). It has a somewhat more formal look to it but it's really attractive last in this range. If you want a slightly more pointy / elongated round toe that would be more akin to 341 then consider Soller. If you want more of a ****** soft square toe you could consider Detroit. No personal experience with Llubi, will defer to Crafty on that one... to me it can look a tad bulbous on some makeups although Crafty's always look good and I have never handled or tried that last myself so will defer to his perspective there.

Anyway... Oscar is probably your best choice if you are after something similar to 325.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
You can request an EEE version of any last in an MTO purchase. (I had a pair of double monks made on an EEE version of the Inca last.) I was told at one of the Carmina stores in NY that the width of, say, a 9EEE is equivalent to width of a standard 9.5. So, I tried on a bunch of shoes that were a half-size too long, so that I could get a sense of the right width. I have super wide/flat feet (10EEE in Allen Edmonds Strands, for instance), and my MTO Carmina shoes fit me perfectly.

I don't believe this is accurate unless things have changed recently. To the best of my knowledge the wide fitment (ie. EEE) lasts are limited Detroit, Rain, and Forest. Via the MTO custom route, Carmina may be willing to add some leather onto the standard size lasts to make small adjustments in fit but, at least in my experience, this option is hedged with it being imprecise, etc. I had this done on a pair once and found the width to be very marginally wider. YMMV.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmina boots today!
7DD27697-6B81-4836-B5FB-7CBD5E4E3AF2.jpeg
B32C3302-34DA-4F78-80A4-88FE2A888B40.jpeg
C3C8CFD9-A2C3-4389-B83C-B67A3876A408.jpeg

patrickngai

Reaction score
Planning to get a pair of boots on the detroit last (normal or extra wide), and am tossing up between some shell chelseas, wingtip boots, and u-tip boots.... I've never tried on the detroit last, but have owned:
- Rain UK 9.5 (too tight in toe area)
- Robert Uk 9.5 (fits well)
- Forest UK 9.5 (bit tight in toe area)
- Llubbi Uk 9.5 (Super comfortable and well fitted)

Other lasts I wear well are:
- CnJ 341 UK 9.5
- CnJ 325 UK 9.5
- Alden Trubalance 10D
- Alden Plaza 10E
- Enzo Bonafe 74945 UK 9.5

My feet are slightly on the wider side.

I was tossing up between whether to go with Detroit extra wide to get more toe room or just normal width detroit. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions about which width to get?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics