• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Milten

Reaction score
Does anyone know how Baltix and Buger lasts compare to forest last, especially in toe width and height? Forest last fits me pretty well, but I guess having less width space in the toes, could make them too tight.

Last edited:

Henry S

Reaction score
Does anyone know how Baltix and Buger lasts compare to forest last, especially in toe width and height? Forest last fits me pretty well, but I guess having less width space in the toes, could make them too tight.
Contact Carmina, they will provide you the exact measurements.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do y’all think of this welt join? I have quite a few Carmina pairs and this is pretty rough in my experience…
89C939DE-1AC3-4412-9618-2AE0A710A0DA.jpeg

I contacted CS and they said it was within spec. A broader view for context:
C5D90C47-1181-425C-88E5-619BB19E1DFE.jpeg

Am I being too picky? For reference, the left side was excellent:
203C55D4-9948-4738-919F-6541C379F0E8.jpeg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score

Iloveshoes19009

Reaction score

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do y’all think of this welt join? I have quite a few Carmina pairs and this is pretty rough in my experience…
View attachment 1838995

View attachment 1838994

View attachment 1838996
That’s definitely questionable, perhaps it’s helpful that it’s on the inside. It’s also more severe IMO because the leather near the welt seems damaged. I gotta be honest, given the support you’ve provided to them, a remake should probably be in order.

johnny ribeye

Reaction score
View attachment 1838995

View attachment 1838994

View attachment 1838996

I've gotten such variations on welt joints on storm welt shoes that I've given up. It just seems like makers don't put in the same effort with storm welts...maybe because they tend to be on more casual shoes? I would probably keep them as is, but I also think it's within very reasonable expectation to ask them to remake it, especially since the leather on the upper seems affected as well.

Iloveshoes19009

Reaction score
Can anyone give me there opinion on sizing on the Soller last?

Before you say to check the last comparison page on carmina.com, that isnt always clear. It says many last are longer/wider than others but they dont always feel that way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads