• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KarlHungus

Reaction score
Can't say for sure but there were MTO weekends in October in 2021 and 2020 I believe, so if the pattern holds my family will be eating franks and beans until Christmas.

johnny ribeye

Reaction score
Got an email today from them saying Oct 12-16. Email said they are doing MTO preorders right now thru one of their NY stores. I think that means you have to do it as a phone order thru that store but the custom sales waiver applies. But the online MTO would be Oct 12-16.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love natural shell
C5D86A1E-5930-4DF8-A048-D881924A97D8.jpeg

sf_esq

Reaction score
Got an email today from them saying Oct 12-16. Email said they are doing MTO preorders right now thru one of their NY stores. I think that means you have to do it as a phone order thru that store but the custom sales waiver applies. But the online MTO would be Oct 12-16.

Thank you very much!

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sizing question that we all know and hate.

I am looking to do an MTO for a pair of their monk boots, and I need last help. I am looking at 3 lasts in particular, Detroit, Rain, and Forest. My Brannock is 8.5E, and here is what I generally wear....

Alden Aberdeen / Plaza - 8.5E
Allen Edmonds 65, 108, 201, 511, 97 - 8EEE
Grant Stone Leo - 8EEE (8.5E would work, but the instep is just too low)
J Fitzpatrick LPB - UK7.5

I am guessing that I would probably take UK7.5 in the EEE variants of these three lasts, but does anyone have some comparison points for reference? I would appreciate it, thanks.

nes1us

Reaction score

I am looking to do an MTO for a pair of their monk boots, and I need last help. I am looking at 3 lasts in particular, Detroit, Rain, and Forest. My Brannock is 8.5E, and here is what I generally wear....

I am guessing that I would probably take UK7.5 in the EEE variants of these three lasts, but does anyone have some comparison points for reference? I would appreciate it, thanks.

I wore 10.5 EEE in most Allen Edmonds and ended up taking 10.5 in Rain EEE last and it fit fine, YMMV.

johnny ribeye

Reaction score

I am a US 8E. Don't have any of the lasts you mentioned. But I have tried Forest UK 7.5 EE (standard) vs Forest UK 7 EEE (wide), and the EEE is a much more comfortable fit. I also own Rain EEE and Detroit EEE. All three lasts in EEE fit very comfortably for me.

I believe from charts I've seen in the past going up in width from EE to EEE in Carmina adds 2 mm in width. IIRC, going from up in length (7 to 7.5) adds 1 mm in width. So a 7 EEE is slightly wider than a 7.5 EE.

KarlHungus

Reaction score
Personally I love mixed media / color and the Calway is the perfect design for it IMO. Some great makeups can be found in this thread from over the years. But ultimately comes down to your preferences and how you'll wear them.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
still kind of want marbled green shell...but also think it's crazy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads