• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @Carmina can you please advise me which of your lasts would be 'similar' to the Crockett & Jones 341 (Harlech) last but with a little more space and width at the toe? I want to order a couple of pairs of shell cordovan boots at your next MTO day but am really having trouble figuring out which lasts to try and I do not live near a Carmina store. Many thanks. :)
Hi, I can't compare our lasts with the Crockett & Jones because I don't have the exact measurements of their lasts. What you can do is contact with custumer service in order to check what last is more appropiate to your foot, if you tell them your measurements they will provide you your perfect last.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, the problem is that i ordered the shoes in March or April… they already had to be re-made because of quality control and now they are again almost 1 month late..
We're sorry about your delay but our quality standards are very high in order to provide the best shoes. Contact me privatly with your order number to re-check the order status.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last chance to join the specific promotion for style forum, at least 10 ud MTO + free personalized apron. Let's make a count of the models you have mentioned, in order to start voting:

1. U-TIP chukka
2. Cordovan chukka
3. Norwegian boots

Feel free to vote or add any type of model

;)

Vincentask

Reaction score
We're sorry about your delay but our quality standards are very high in order to provide the best shoes. Contact me privatly with your order number to re-check the order status.
Yes, absolutely, I find it also good. And the customer service was also pleasant.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Bourbon Frankenstitch..
FE16E556-3B25-410C-B731-46D4276D08B4.jpeg

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
So after spending more time with them I'm fairly certain my split toes on Detroit are the most comfortable shoes I own. For any Detroit wearers here- what other lasts have you found to be comfortable to you? I love the extra instep room and the extra space/volume.

(Close-ish second for me is Alden's Barrie last in same size I take detroit)

rgweiser53

Reaction score
Yes, the problem is that i ordered the shoes in March or April… they already had to be re-made because of quality control and now they are again almost 1 month late..
That's a ridiculously long wait...they should be able to fix that in days, not months, regardless of all the "custom orders" take time BS

zargoz

Reaction score
So after spending more time with them I'm fairly certain my split toes on Detroit are the most comfortable shoes I own. For any Detroit wearers here- what other lasts have you found to be comfortable to you? I love the extra instep room and the extra space/volume.

(Close-ish second for me is Alden's Barrie last in same size I take detroit)
I find Alden's Plaza last more similar to Detroit than Barrie. For me 7.5 Detroit = 8.5D Plaza, with the later being a bit roomier. Sticking to Carmina, I like Oscar (not quite as roomy as Detroit) and for boots, Llubi (quite a bit roomier than Detroit)

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
I find Alden's Plaza last more similar to Detroit than Barrie. For me 7.5 Detroit = 8.5D Plaza, with the later being a bit roomier. Sticking to Carmina, I like Oscar (not quite as roomy as Detroit) and for boots, Llubi (quite a bit roomier than Detroit)

Proof that lasts fit everyone differently. I can barely even squeeze into Plaza in my Detroit size and it quickly becomes uncomfortable.

Qayyum

Reaction score
really want to try lloret last. what does she look like, compared to robert, forest, uetam and sineu? Can someone help me. thank you all

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
really want to try lloret last. what does she look like, compared to robert, forest, uetam and sineu? Can someone help me. thank you all
Hi, Qayyum

LLoret last it's in the middle of inca and robert last. If you want to compare lasts go to the last comparator. Take into account that lloret last is not currently available, in the next weeks we're going to add it.

Qayyum

Reaction score
Hi, Qayyum

LLoret last it's in the middle of inca and robert last. If you want to compare lasts go to the last comparator. Take into account that lloret last is not currently available, in the next weeks we're going to add it.
Thank you. The last may not be suitable for me…

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, Qayyum

What is the widest last at the toes? I always assumed it was one of the EEE lasts, but the last comparator makes me question that

k3nnyw

Reaction score
Can anybody identify this last of Carmina? It fits me very well, and I would like a point of reference for the future.
2B474FF1-5375-4A29-AA28-40A10C31489A.jpeg

E78C4C0C-0E5D-4434-96B4-9E11514824CE.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads