• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betta

Reaction score
It is not possible wholecut in cordovan shell, because the shoe will break later. :(
Is this something you stopped doing? Past MTOs included wholecuts in shell:

1660093503231.png

Blastwice

Reaction score

View attachment 1820906

Pretty sure this was a one-off pair for a specific event if memory serves correctly.

Carmina can make stuff like this (or Wholecut Shell Chelsea), but I imagine it's not a profitable thing to run (easy to tear the shell in the lasting process).

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

View attachment 1820906
The point is that while we're manufacturing wholecut boots in cordovan 2 times out of 3 the leather breaks, and it's like doing 3 pairs of shoes in order to sell one, so the price goes up. That's why we only do wholecut cordovan boots for exclusive GMTO... Anyway, I was talking about chukka wholecut in cordovan which is imposible. Currently, we only have oxford wholecut in cordovan and the model below you mentioned isn't considered wholecut because it has two pieces of leather joined together.

BOTAS CARMINA CHUKKA EN CORDOVAN BURDEOS

CORDOVAN CHUKKA 905 SIMPSON

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Remember the specific promotion for style forum, at least 10 ud MTO + free personalized apron. Let's make a count of the models you have mentioned, in order to start voting:

1. U-TIP chukka
2. Cordovan chukka
3. Norwegian boots

Feel free to vote or add any type of model

;)

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Remember the specific promotion for style forum, at least 10 ud MTO + free personalized apron. Let's make a count of the models you have mentioned, in order to start voting:

1. U-TIP chukka
2. Cordovan chukka
3. Norwegian boots

Feel free to vote or add any type of model

;)
I’d be down for some kind of U-Tip chukka in Cordovan (not black, color 8 or dark brown. Maybe bourbon?)

Cordovanity

Reaction score

any guess as to what last this is on? would only be in my wheelhouse if it is a slightly smaller fit as I am a 9.5D in the rain.

1660158376793.png

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on suede boots from Carmina? I'm specifically looking at either the Frankenstitch or Jumper, so a taller boot. Do the uppers just turn into jelly since suede is rather flimsy/weak and not such a great shape-holding leather to begin with?

Just curious to hear your experiences.

Photos ALWAYS welcomed :)

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on suede boots from Carmina? I'm specifically looking at either the Frankenstitch or Jumper, so a taller boot. Do the uppers just turn into jelly since suede is rather flimsy/weak and not such a great shape-holding leather to begin with?

I’d say they hold up very well.

404AC597-2C96-4822-885F-701477831964.jpeg

EB296402-2C98-4042-841E-2CE7D8C10B63.jpeg

harlequin782

Reaction score
This has been my experience also. I have about 4 pairs of Carmina Suede boots and they still look really good (almost new) after about a year of wear. I'd have no reservations at all about ordering more. I will caution, however, that if youre planing on ordering the 'Vison' suede color, it looks nothing in real life like it does on the website. Much, much darker than what is shown on the website.

Last edited:

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi, suede is a fabric that needs to be cared for more than others, but if you use products to waterproof the upper, it will remain perfect. suede is a fabric that needs to be cared for more than others, but if you use products to waterproof the upper, it will remain perfect.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads