• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

daisybay

Reaction score
I ordered my first pair of MTO's during the last sale. I don't really expect Carmina to hold to their 60-day delivery, considering the spike in MTO sales and international transit time. If the 60-day thing does hold, they should be delivered within the next two or three days.

In any case--does Carmina usually provide shipping conformation for orders to the States? I'd like to know when to start waiting on the porch.

Thanks
Hi my sales agent at the Madison store (terrific guy!) called me sometime last week and the very next day I got a FEDEX notification (IIRC by text). I have a Fedex account too so i was able to check and indeed it was from Mallorca Spain. I didn't realize Spain is ES LOL

But yes you should be able to track it and do need to sign for it.

BTW it does help the store to order thru them (you can call them as well). Since I tried on so many pairs and lasts it is only fitting and fair, pun intended :)

daisybay

Reaction score
A small laugh for the Carmina crowd (which I'm not even remotely bothered by or upset at, in fact I'm happy with the customer service I'm receiving). Got an email recently letting me know that they ran out of the skin/leather for my order and are trying to procure more. They don't have an ETA but are still shooting for "with six months" of me having ordered. I was assured they're trying and that they roped in the necessary upper-level people to try and procure sooner rather than later.

Definitely appreciative of their communication on this. I ordered expecting a 6-12 month lead time so I'm not worried about it.
Just curious what skin/leather type?

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Just curious what skin/leather type?
Hippo.

I see you're a fan of the Madison location. Thought that was a nice store but the 45th street location had a very different selection of lasts. When I visited Madison had mostly the dressier lasts and makeups. 45th had more boots, casual options, and the "friendlier" lasts for my feet- plus, Shazid over there seems to have mastered the art of customer service. It's good to hear their sales associates at the stores are consistently helpful.

daisybay

Reaction score
Hippo.

I see you're a fan of the Madison location. Thought that was a nice store but the 45th street location had a very different selection of lasts. When I visited Madison had mostly the dressier lasts and makeups. 45th had more boots, casual options, and the "friendlier" lasts for my feet- plus, Shazid over there seems to have mastered the art of customer service. It's good to hear their sales associates at the stores are consistently helpful.
Wow Hippo! That's quite rare IME, good luck! I drive to NYC once or twice a month and find the parking/traffic a lot easier around madison than the 45th street one, that is why.

NikG

Reaction score
Unsure of how it's sourced but seems surprising Hippo leather is still a thing considering they're a vulnerable/border-line endangered species

JTMD

Reaction score
Unsure of how it's sourced but seems surprising Hippo leather is still a thing considering they're a vulnerable/border-line endangered species

"Hippos are not listed under the U.S. Endangered Species Act. As a result, domestic trade within the United States is not regulated at the federal level, and imports of hippo parts and products are not scrutinized under the ESA's strict standards."

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
As I understand it the “ethically sourced” hides are the results of and sold to fund conservation efforts.

The only thing I’ve heard of that’s in the “completely forbidden and banned” category is sea turtle. There are vintage pairs out there made of it but if you show up in the wrong place without paperwork you’re going to miss those shoes.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carmina - www.carminashoemaker.com -
Museum calf week:

Over 25 MTOs available in all colours, MTO-fee waived.

From the 10th to the 17th of June we have activated all finished MTOs in Museum leather.

All MTOs this Museum Week feature:
- Vast colour selection of exclusive Museum
- Shoe Trees Included
- Free Shipping

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_6885.jpeg

Cognac Cordovan Double Monks on Inca Last!

Cheers!

Jon 1981

Reaction score

10% for SF member

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe we also have the U-wing boots in common..but yours are shell of course. 😅

View attachment 2201069

Beautiful Carmina rotation Sir!

And yes, these are and unusual Cognac shade indeed!

As you have noticed, they are more akin to the reddish hues than brown and orange of the more traditional cognac for which Carmina is best known.

However, there’s a bit of a backstory to these. I procured them from the delightful Hector who runs the Barcelona shop.

Sadly, Carmina no longer allows for direct purchase for US clients from their shops since the advent of the NYC shop…

These are identical to the “color 4” shade and seem to be an anomaly.

Needless to say…this pair is an all time favorite and I’m elated to have them…

Cheers!

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeonardMotleya