• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are pictures of the leathers up close, and the story of the origin of these leaethers is also pretty cool:
Thanks! I guess given the exclusivity, there aren't really any pictures of shoes in this leather. I've seen some of the lighter brown verities but never a black makeup.

I remember the story behind the original pattern. Always been a fan and I have a few pairs from Antonio Meccariello in the calf versions.

Torn between the colors. The Burgandy is damn cool. The black is exclusive and not likely to be available again.

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

It was a very tight vote. So Carmina has decided to create the two models for you. Remember that they will be available in all cordovan colours (including the exclusive black hatch grain cordovan).

These two models are on pre-sale and will be available for one week, until the 3rd of April.

*It is possible that orders may take longer than usual due to the exclusivity of this leather, only available for styleforum's MTO*

Remember that we include the engraving of your name on the inside (Maximum 15 characters. Only letters and numbers). Specify in the comments the name you want or we will take by default the name with which you place the order.

Also any possible modifications, speedlaces / change of sole (tramuntana to comando) also add them in the comments of the order. These two changes I have mentioned are possible, but other changes I can't guarantee and will require an extra cost as it is a customisation.

We also wanted to put at your disposal a wallet and belt with this exclusive leather, so you can always have the accessories to match the shoes.

This is the link to purchase on our website:

ALL PRODUCTS

- Work boots 80184

- Norwegian Boots 80478

- Belt

-
Wallet
Carmina friends, any chance you'd consider waving the MTO fee on a second pair that people order along with this GMTO? I've long wanted a pair of your chelsea boots in navy hatch grain and it would impact my color choice here.

Jeddie

Reaction score
Carmina friends, any chance you'd consider waving the MTO fee on a second pair that people order along with this GMTO? I've long wanted a pair of your chelsea boots in navy hatch grain and it would impact my color choice here.
Imagine cordovan navy hatch grain 🤯

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I guess given the exclusivity, there aren't really any pictures of shoes in this leather. I've seen some of the lighter brown verities but never a black makeup.

I remember the story behind the original pattern. Always been a fan and I have a few pairs from Antonio Meccariello in the calf versions.

Torn between the colors. The Burgandy is damn cool. The black is exclusive and not likely to be available again.
😂. I am exactly the same boat.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Anyone else spot the marine shell? 😍😍
Daaaaaaaammmnnnn, i cant explain how many limbs I'd give away for a pair of boots in that color

I don't believe that is horween shell. I have a marine colored shell wallet that I bought a long time ago. Can't recall the tannery -- perhaps Rocado? While it was nice for a while, I found that as the color faded it looked pretty bad. I ended up re-dying it myself to navy, which held up very well relative to the original marine blue/green coloring. I don't use the wallet anymore since I've switched to an Amaretto Ashland.

Jeddie

Reaction score
I don't believe that is horween shell. I have a marine colored shell wallet that I bought a long time ago. Can't recall the tannery -- perhaps Rocado? While it was nice for a while, I found that as the color faded it looked pretty bad. I ended up re-dying it myself to navy, which held up very well relative to the original marine blue/green coloring. I don't use the wallet anymore since I've switched to an Amaretto Ashland.
Rocado does have some very amazing colors. Thats the only reason ive considered Meermins, because of the vast amount of colors theyll occasionally have.

If you follow the link, the site says it was a limited release by horween. I was just as surprised! I've actually seen a lot of unique colors from horween, but i guess they only do it once in a great while and usually brands like carmina or c&j dont really go for them

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi - It's probably best to email Carmina directly about this, but we ping @Carmina directly.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with tramuntana vs. victory sole in terms of traction, comfort and durability?
For sure the Tramuntana is going to give more traction - it's a true lug sole for heavy outdoor use. The Victory sole is more for city use and is very comfortable and less stiff.

Durability deoends on terrain. ime, outdoor soles can wear down faster for city use than softer soles. So choice will probably boil down to use. It's one of those multidimensional teeter totters.

lurker33

Reaction score
My first pair of Carmina boots came in today! I am super impressed and I'll be back for more.
20230331_201356.jpg
20230331_201448.jpg
20230331_202936.jpg
20230331_222220.jpg

Last edited:

hakatamakata

Reaction score
Anyone by any chance familiar with the Burgundy Marbled Cordovan? It looks fantastic in the shoe builder but almost too good to be true…
(Considering it for the MTO work boot)

lurker33

Reaction score
They are super nice. What model number are they ?
Thank you, they are 80437.
Special request to make them into a U-TIP boot.
I couldn't find pictures of this model at all but it worked out nicely!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads