• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't Carmina having their usual free MTO campaign soon? They usually have it around this time. :)
I don't know when that is, but this leather is exclusive to this project. While it may be made available for other projects at a later date, my understanding is that for now, it is excluse to thie project.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I don't know when that is, but this leather is exclusive to this project. While it may be made available for other projects at a later date, my understanding is that for now, it is excluse to thie project.
Guys, black hatch grain cordovan it's completly exclusive! We have ordered it only for styleforum because of your interest, it is a very very scarce leather. It will not be available on the customiser or other models.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
About the vote...a very, very tight voting.

Work boots winning!

1679553212113.png

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I voted for the NST, I thought I was voting for 80488. Now that I see that it's 80478, I'm out.

Sadly I am in the same boat. While I’m far from a Carmina expert, the image of the NST I voted for is different from the last one displayed. I don’t know the model numbers but my vote was for the first one. And to be as clear as possible. I am definitely in for the first image (had speed hooks and I think a rubber sole though that’s not important) and definitely out for the recent image.

Last edited:

Baked Potato

Reaction score
A misunderstanding. :) I’m just asking generally if Carmina is going to launch another free MTO campaign soon, as they usually do about twice a year. Doesn’t have anything to do with the grained cordovan leather. :)

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly I am in the same boat. While I’m far from a Carmina expert, the image of the NST I voted for is different from the last one displayed. I don’t know the model numbers but my vote was for the first one. And to be as clear as possible. I am definitely in for the first image (had speed hooks and I think a rubber sole though that’s not important) and definitely out for the recent image.
I’ll clarify on the make and model.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the same. Was not 80488 the NST boot original design?
I’ll clarify this. I’m pretty sure the the makeup is supposed to correspond to the original image, but things are busy and could easily have gotten lost in translation. Thanks guys.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll clarify this. I’m pretty sure the the makeup is supposed to correspond to the original image, but things are busy and could easily have gotten lost in translation. Thanks guys.
From the original makeup by @Crafty Cumbrian:
1eab9f31-a8ec-4f5f-a28a-8283b9eafb57-jpeg.1906171

ebfb4239-aac5-4f04-9984-b67f2b063f11-jpeg.1924821

But @Carmina will have to confirm.

Ziqianzhu

Reaction score
Guys, black hatch grain cordovan it's completly exclusive! We have ordered it only for styleforum because of your interest, it is a very very scarce leather. It will not be available on the customiser or other models.
Is Carmina MTO coming soon?Sadly, my vote lost the battle... But it did give me inspirations for my first pair of Carmina.

Last edited:

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the original makeup by @Crafty Cumbrian:
1eab9f31-a8ec-4f5f-a28a-8283b9eafb57-jpeg.1906171

ebfb4239-aac5-4f04-9984-b67f2b063f11-jpeg.1924821

But @Carmina will have to confirm.

The links to the photos don’t appear to be live but it could just be me. I know you are scrambling on this and I don’t want to be a pain but I did come across this SF IG post that had an image of the boot I was intending to vote for (albeit in the black hatch grain shell)…..

560FF9F0-3416-46AD-8C88-38DE38270219.jpeg

tomsocal

Reaction score
This will probably drown in all the MTO talk but I'm kinda bummed that the last comparison tool gives janky results. I was really hoping to get that bit of extra space in the toebox in Uetam EE but in real life it's the opposite.

Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 16.32.30.png

And my attempt at comparison (monk is rain), I do realize comparing soles is not the best way but they do feel much tighter and I don't believe they will be okay after break-in.

IMG_5890.JPG

IMG_5892.JPG

IMG_5891.JPG

IMG_5893.JPG

IMG_5895.JPG

If anyone is interested and knows that Uetam EE 8UK fits them I've listed them for sale before I eat the international shipping cost and send them back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics