• We would like to welcome Larimars Luxury Menswear as an official Affiliate Vendor. Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, and specializing in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check out their thread on here, welcome them, and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - official thread.

grenache

Reaction score
For what you probably paid, I don’t like the look.
I'd say that's an honest complaint. You can probably see that from eye level and it can't really be concealed with polish/wax.
It definitely looks different. I would say that the left one seems a little bit bigger but it's probably due to the perspective.
Appreciate the input, I usually don’t sweat minor marks/differences, but this seems like too much to ignore and can’t be corrected. I’ve contacted Carmina about an exchange or return and shared several pictures as it really is noticeable.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are Carmina zip boots in suede:
View attachment 1822523
View attachment 1822524

I agree with the other guys, I don't do anything to my suede but wear it. If I really spill a lot of beer on it (alas) I'll take it to a local shop and they'll make it look like new for a few bucks.

As for these boots, they are very comfy. Suede just seems to get softer and softer every time you wear it.
What are your thoughts on the zips compared to a more standard lace boot? I presume the zipper itself is solid and not flimsy feeling?

MD1969

Reaction score
Appreciate the input, I usually don’t sweat minor marks/differences, but this seems like too much to ignore and can’t be corrected. I’ve contacted Carmina about an exchange or return and shared several pictures as it really is noticeable.
Good for you; it looks like an artisan error.

Blastwice

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the zips compared to a more standard lace boot? I presume the zipper itself is solid and not flimsy feeling?
These were manufactured in Oct 2018 so about 4 years old now and the zipper looks and functions the same as it ever has.

For zip boots (and Chelseas and loafers) the only thing I'd consider is getting them in a last you're familiar with, so you'll be aware of how you expect them to fit. I might also recommend a lighter weight sole option since these aren't laced.

Some people have issues with the look or style of zip boots, but the wholecut (sorry, one seam on the back, I guess) nature of this pattern is very elegant in hand (or foot) and I think they fit low-intensity activity sets well (like walking around town, traveling by public transportation, etc.) and offer more structure than a Chelsea boot (which can be difficult to find the perfect fit outside of MTM/bespoke).

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The zipper itself is solid, the biggest difference is the fit to the foot, the laces will always provide a better fit and the zipper will always provide an easier closure, keep in mind also what blastwice said.

Superdoedoe

Reaction score
I'm looking at picking up a pair of Carmina 531's in natural shell on the Oscar last.

Not sure on sizing though. I normally tend to get 44eu as a default on boots (wolverine, parkhurst, grant stone), which ends up being a UK10. Should I be getting these in a UK 10 as well?

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suspected it... but I was not sure. I don´t know all Carmina´s lasts. I haven't seen many derbies in Simpson last. It has a lot of character.
More derbies where that came from!
66339557-638C-43ED-83E8-BE8C7AD6160D.jpeg

D509B44D-BADC-44CA-B8B7-398F5C9A24CB.jpeg

145F860B-CA4E-4E9C-A75B-85B20991A19B.jpeg

Some don’t like the soft chisel PTB. I understand the perspective, but personally love them. I like blending formality levels, though.

Moostyle

Reaction score
Hi, Vincentask
if you have any problem receiving Carmina orders please contact with the custumer service. Also, take into account that custom orders need 60 days to be manufactered.
Hi @Carmina can you please advise me which of your lasts would be 'similar' to the Crockett & Jones 341 (Harlech) last but with a little more space and width at the toe? I want to order a couple of pairs of shell cordovan boots at your next MTO day but am really having trouble figuring out which lasts to try and I do not live near a Carmina store. Many thanks. :)

Vincentask

Reaction score
Hi, Vincentask
if you have any problem receiving Carmina orders please contact with the custumer service. Also, take into account that custom orders need 60 days to be manufactered.
Yes, the problem is that i ordered the shoes in March or April… they already had to be re-made because of quality control and now they are again almost 1 month late..

Featured Sponsor

What time of the year do you spend the most money on clothes?

• Spring

• Summer

• Fall

• Winter

• No difference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_lightbringer