• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CARMINA SHOEMAKER by Jose Albaladejo Pujadas

zeroize

Reaction score
http://www.carminashoemaker.com/

I live in Spain, near a couple of Carmina stores. A lot of people has sent me a message because I'm selling a couple of shoes and posted I could replace the soles and buy a brad new pair of whatever they wanted and include it in the package.

I never thought about being an intermediary for a profit, but it seems this brand is no longer available outside Spain (except in France, they keep at least one store open). If you are interested and you know what you want I could do it. Price range is about 300€ for boxcalf, double for cordovan (no less than 250€ and no more than 1000€ in any case).

Cons:
1. The web site catalog is limited. I'd have to ask if they print a larger one.
2. Yo pay in euros, strong at the moment.
3. Customs outside Europe. I could send by a similar service to USPS, slow despite cheaper and it could avoid paying taxes. Private couriers are reliable and fast but expensive and they do the custom check themselves (they charge this check and profit from it, so you always pay)

At this moment I just want to know if there is any real interest in the brand and if the forum administrator has any problem with it. I will probably not offer this intermediary service, but if you want to talk about it, please use this thread so I don't have to privately reply to every person asking me the same.

Thank you.

BrooklynWeGoHard

Reaction score
Tom, is that you?

zeroize

Reaction score
¿A gmail account and not "@styleforum.net"?

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would be nice if you could scan photos from their catalog and a general write-up on the sizing and lasts.

mr. magoo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by upnorth
Would be nice if you could scan photos from their catalog and a general write-up on the sizing and lasts.

The other option is to take photos of the shoes in the store, which, if memory serves, has broader selection than what's available even in the catalog and photograph quite well. If you did that, I think you'd generate significant interest. If you do searches on here and AskAndy, you'll see some past interest and photos. For example:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/F...ad.php?t=43866

zeroize

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr. magoo
The other option is to take photos of the shoes in the store, which, if memory serves, has broader selection than what's available even in the catalog and photograph quite well. If you did that, I think you'd generate significant interest. If you do searches on here and AskAndy, you'll see some past interest and photos. For example:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/F...ad.php?t=43866

Can not find album, paris20050093vf.jpg

I don't know if it would look too weird to the owners if I systematically take a pic of every shoe in the store.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you provide this service, and have accurate estimates of the lasts, take pictures of the models, colors, etc... You will make a killing.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newcomer
If you provide this service, and have accurate estimates of the lasts, take pictures of the models, colors, etc... You will make a lot of sales, get a lot of headaches, do a lot of legwork, deal with disgruntled customers and in the end, probably think that it was not worth it.

I agree.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads