• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carmina Polo Suede Balmoral Boot Forest Last

rando

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a boot in polo suede before the price increase goes into effect next month. Would like to keep on the Forest last with some type of non-rubber sole. Have 3 people interested so far.

Would anyone be interested in something like this design -

In this color -

rando

Reaction score
Have 3 people committed to this GMTO so far, just need 3 more. Let's get this done before the price increase :slayer:

Cuebert

Reaction score
When will the price increase be, any info on that?

Last edited:

rando

Reaction score

When will the price increase be, any info on that?

Shoes went up ~$10 USD and boots ~$40 USD on 8/17, but I believe on Sept 1 there will be a much bigger increase. For US customers shoes are expected to go to $450-$500 USD range. A similar price increase for boots would mean ~$600+ USD.

That's why lots of people are scrambling to get Carmina GMTOs organized before the big increase in Sept.

rando

Reaction score
Ok just 1 more hopfeully then! @sarteaga are you still on the fence??

@TtownMD do you guys mind if the boot has plain captoe? I personally think it looks cleaner than a punch captoe, especially in the balmoral style but I'm open to whatever the group prefers

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@TtownMD do you guys mind if the boot has plain captoe? I personally think it looks cleaner than a punch captoe, especially in the balmoral style but I'm open to whatever the group prefers

By any chance can you post pic of whatever you are trying to do so we all have clear picture. If you don't mind please.

sarteaga

Reaction score

I am still on the fence to be honest. What will be the MTO price and if it's through soak, if they can do a 25% deposit vs 50% then maybe. I have a current GMTO with them so my shoe budget is tied up a bit.

rando

Reaction score

I am still on the fence to be honest. What will be the MTO price and if it's through soak, if they can do a 25% deposit vs 50% then maybe. I have a current GMTO with them so my shoe budget is tied up a bit.

I haven't contacted anyone yet to organize since we don't have requisite 6 yet, but I believe through Skoak it would be 4600 SEK (3680 SEK w/o VAT) and through the Carmina site ~400 Euros w/o VAT. I think all the recent GMTOs through Skoak are have been 50% deposit upfront though and through Carmina I believe its 100%

rando

Reaction score
@TtownMD
@prh002
@moixet
@sarteaga - maybe

I think currently 4 confirmed, 1 maybe is where we stand

hiver

Reaction score
I am in if we can change it to the Robert, SImpson or Alcudia Last? (Sorry if that is not helpful)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads