• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carmina, Epaulet, and Styleforum Fall '12 Shortwing Boot Project

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm on the fence, any opinions between:

Full cordovan
Cordovan/scotchgrain
Midnight Blue

I really can't get one of each.

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should never have opened this thread... What has been seen cannot be unseen!!!! Reaches for wallet.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really on the fence here. Repost my favs for good measure.

Kinda leaning towards the full cordovan.

This picture is an obvious photoshop but I would be very interested in handling the real thing. Almost worth ordering out of curiosity:

And the blue still calls my name...

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Love the designs - I've often wondered about mixing shell and grain like this. The blue and the grey suede are great too - perfect for winter "off duty" days with jeans and jacket.

The prices seem fair enough, but, a question if I may: what does a pair of boots from Carmina normally cost, made to order like this? I ask because I'm several thousand miles from Mallorca, but in the opposite direction from New York. So, genuinely, I'd like to compare buying MTO made for this collection, that's shipped to NY and then all the way to me, against ordering something from Carmina. The two are not necessarily mutually exclusive - I'm really thinking those blue ones would look great on me (love the suede too, but I worry about keeping it smart).

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sent a PM a couple days ago with no answer. I'm interested in a size 11.5 in the full cordovan. When do you think you will get some of those in?

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crosspost from carmina Appreciation thread. I am willing to spend the money just want to make sure i have a good experience.

I have a sizing question. I am about to step out on my first pair of Carminas, unfortunately, I have no option for trying a pair of carminas on. I love the 13 E (us) fit of Allen Edmonds on the 5-65 last. I am looking at pair of 13 E carminas on the forest last. Can anyone give me an idea about the fit I can expect?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Just checking in. Thanks again to everyone who's ordered so far! We're really excited for these makeups.

I'm on SF all weekend and checking PM's regularly, so if you guys have any questions or need sizing advice, please feel free to drop me a line.

Ordering for all three boots will close Monday night at midnight EST. We'll then compile everything and forward it to Carmina on Tuesday morning.

Oh, and I've got a few requests for an all-Saddle shell shortwing boot. We're a bit busted up in sizes, but we actually have that in stock and ready to ship out immediately. Here's the link:

Sinclair Shortwing Boot Saddle Shell Cordovan

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Crosspost from carmina Appreciation thread. I am willing to spend the money just want to make sure i have a good experience.
I have a sizing question. I am about to step out on my first pair of Carminas, unfortunately, I have no option for trying a pair of carminas on. I love the 13 E (us) fit of Allen Edmonds on the 5-65 last. I am looking at pair of 13 E carminas on the forest last. Can anyone give me an idea about the fit I can expect?

Hmmm, from looking around some guys find that the AE 5 last feels a bit narrow while others feel that it runs more true to size. In terms of length, it seems to be fairly normal.

I'd recommend a 12UK. If you wear wides in any other shoes or if regular width sneakers or athletic shoes (simple styles like Chuck Taylor's and Jack Purcells) feel too narrow, then I'd say a 12UK Wide would be best. I can build that into the dropdown for you.

If the AE's are the only shoes that you take in a wide, then the Medium Forest last should be alright. It's not a narrow last, and it has an easier fit than most of Carmina's lasts. If you're on the fence then get the wide. It's a blucher and a boot, so even if it's a bit wide on you, you should be able to tighten and wear it. A little too wide is definitely better than a little too narrow.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I'll just go kick myself, then.
rolleyes.gif

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Mike, any plans to carry anything in the Simpson last at some point?

Absolutely. We haven't done it to date, but I definitely intend to bring in some Simpson last styles in the early Spring. We're always open to requests too if you have anything special in mind :)

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last day to order gentlemen!

I ended up going with the suede as I want the navy in cordovan and the saddle in full shell.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks so much to everyone who ordered! If you need any size added to the drop down last minute, then please let me know and I can hook that up this evening. I'll be on PM's later on tonight. These boots are going to come out great, and we really appreciate the support!

After this preorder closes, we'll move into an early Spring (late Jan, early Feb) delivery for the next batch of makeups. If anyone out there has some ideas for new Spring styles, we can also put together a group order for that time period. I've been personally kicking around the idea of a milkshake suede version :cool: But I'm really open to anything.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics