• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD Carmina Color 4 shell cordovan u-tip boots UK8/9US

SOLD Carmina Color 4 shell cordovan u-tip boots UK8/9US

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
flylikeneagle submitted a new classified:

Carmina Color 4 shell cordovan u-tip boots UK8/9US - Rare shell boots

Carmina color 4 U tip boots (based on model 80488), SF GMTO. These are on Oscar last and feature double JR sole and metal toe tip. Received delivery in Jan 2020 and wore once to the office for a full day, and a couple of times to pick up orders from Target "drive up" for grand total of 10 hours on feet. I'm rationalizing my boot collection and letting these go as I own a few other pairs of boots in color 4.

I've tried my best to reflect condition of boots in my pictures, but feel free to...

Read more about this classified...

thefoobar

Reaction score
Don't know, but I can measure. What size do you typically take in Carmina?
8.5 in Sineu. Oscar's slightly wider, but I'm not sure if the bigger toebox is sufficient to compensate for the length, hence the question about your foot length.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, got it. My right foot is 265mm +/- 2mm. My left foot is may be 2mm longer.

I know everyone's feet are different, but I'd recommend staying with your typical Carmina size. I wear the same size on Forest which fits like a glove and is shorter than Oscar, but I don't think I could size down on Oscar.

I've sized down half a size a couple of times (Allen Edmonds and Edward Green boots) and regretted the decision both times

thefoobar

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree, 265 is way too short. I'm 277. Thanks anyway. I'm probably going to copy many of your design choices next MTO event for my own version on Sineu.

thefoobar

Reaction score
Have you tried Robert (and if so can you comment on the differences with Oscar)? Carmina's last comparison tool says it's almost identical, but it says the same thing about Rain and Simpson...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads