Carmina black captoe -- calf or shell cordovan?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bullswin, Dec 24, 2011.

1. bullswin

bullswin Senior member

I placed an order yesterday. They accept both credit card and paypal (minor tip: when going through the payment page, I had to disable popups in my browser).

I also ordered a different pair through the armoury last week, so I'd be happy to report back on how the two experiences compare/contrast.

2. Viral

Viral Senior member

Thanks, very cool...........would love to hear back on how your experiences compare.

Also, pics are a must :D

3. LaymanX

LaymanX Senior member

Does anyone know when they'll start offering more selection on their e-boutique? It seems very limited when compared to their full offering.

4. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Don't know the answer to your question, but they put a lot more than they originally had listed.

5. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Great to hear that the Armoury offers PayPal as a payment option.

For those who have questions about the Armoury, they have their own thread with tons of info. The Armoury Official Affiliate Thread

6. hst

hst Senior member

Hi, is VAT deducted for delivery outside of the EU? I noted that the list prices are VAT inclusive. How are the shipping charges like?

7. bullswin

bullswin Senior member

^^ hst and Cuttingboard -- some clarification/answers are on the first page of this thread.

- the paypal option I mentioned related to my purchase experience through Carmina's site. I don't recall the payment options via The Armoury.

- VAT is excluded if you first create an account on Carmina's "e-boutique" site (see screen shots and discussion on first page of this thread).

Cheers.

8. bullswin

bullswin Senior member

Here's an update... my experience through Carmina's website turned out great. While they didn't ship my order during the holiday week, they shipped it out this past Monday and it arrived Wednesday. I was also pleasantly surprised by their customer service. When I emailed ([email protected]) a few days after placing my order to ask about a status/update, Betty quickly responded. She then proactively emailed a few days later to let me know the shoes had shipped. Oh, and the delivery was by DHL and there were no custom/duty fees upon delivery. So, my total cost (shoes + shipping) was just over $390. Here are a few pics... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Viral

Viral Senior member

awesome!

Thanks for the update............this is exactly what I was hoping to learn. Just to be clear, you created an account and ordered via the website with a credit card? Were you hit with any extra fees from your CC company due to this being a foreign transaction?

I will definitely place an order in the near future :slayer:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012

10. bullswin

bullswin Senior member

Yes, you have all those details correct. I created an account and ordered via the website with a credit card.

Regarding extra fees from my CC company, I don't know (if there's anything, I think they'll post it at the end of my current billing cycle).

Oh, and one important thing I should have noted regarding Carmina's lasts and fit -- the Forest last is good for someone with a low instep (fortunately, that's me). For anyone with anything more than a low instep, I'm pretty sure that near the instep/lacing area, it would feel too tight/pinched.

11. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

In terms of creating an account - they had a section where you had to write your NIF/ CIF number; not sure what that was so I gave up....

12. bullswin

bullswin Senior member

Here's what I inputted for various fields when creating my account:

"Last Name" = my last name
    "Name / Surname" = my last name
    "Nif / Cif" = I left blank
    "Province" = my state
    "C.P." = my zip code

Their website could be far more user friendly. I was equally confused when first going through the process.

13. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

14. hobo style

hobo style Well-Known Member

Yikes. Looks like someone has been having some fun with Carmina's website. Got this after clicking on the Manufacturing Process link:

[​IMG]

15. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

To those who have been in the shop, do they have any narrower offerings or more narrow lasts. I've got a layover in Paris on Thursday, and am hoping to stick my head in the door for soldes.