• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sfroide3

Reaction score
The problem is paying EG price for what they offer ... I would buy one bespoke pair over 2 EG everyday. For EG price you can go to Vass or Bonafe and have a last modified to better fit your feets ...

ijustknow

Reaction score
And cost like 200$...give me a break.
My point is you are buying something real, not only a logo. Yes, at a premium price, and I feel better than paying any dime on a not lasted but branded one.

ijustknow

Reaction score
No, EG stopped offering lasted ones a long time ago.
My bad, it is Gaziano & Girling is still offering lasted tree.
however, as it puts "Lasted to fit all the lasts : TG73, MH71, DG70, GG06 and KN14 last sizes", it is possible one tree fits all lasts? does it mean it is a generic tree?

ijustknow

Reaction score
Hi , for Coimbra we would suggest 05 Dark Brown. You can use either wax or Pommadier, just be careful with cleaner conditioners like Renovator and avoid Renomat as these will disturb the patina.
I believe any color cream would change the patina, if that is your purpose to develop your unique one, fine, but if you want to keep the patina as it is, only use neutral wax

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not debating that the ratio isn’t too far off given what EG charges. I just personally feel it’s ripping off customers even further...will not be long till you end up paying 2k for a pair of EG inc trees and tax...

(Ps Leffot seems to have them for 145 ex tax..)

Just because you believe EG's trees are overpriced doesn't mean they are "ripping off customers". There is nothing dishonest in their business model or practices. Nobody is forced to buy the trees - and reasonably well-fitting generic trees will do the job nearly as well for those who prefer to economize. Those who choose to pay the premium for branded trees do so willingly. Nobody is getting "ripped off".

Evergreen88

Reaction score
I am on the market for Jodhpurs and I am considering CS for the first time. Does anyone here have them and can share some real life pictures? I would probably use the patina service, looking at Braga or Algarve.

Speaking of sizing, how does it compare to Crockett and Jones? I wear 8.5 UK, both in 341 and 348.

Thank you for your help!

Sfroide3

Reaction score
Size down 1/2. I wear CJ 348 in UK9 and CS (160, 389, 397, 401) in UK8.5. I have a pair in Bragua patina. It's a bit too light to my taste. Algarve looks to have more depth to it. If you consider patina service, I would wait for Black Friday. You will be able to save a lot. You will be waiting a few weeks anyway if you go with the patina service.

Evergreen88

Reaction score
Size down 1/2. I wear CJ 348 in UK9 and CS (160, 389, 397, 401) in UK8.5. I have a pair in Bragua patina. It's a bit too light to my taste. Algarve looks to have more depth to it. If you consider patina service, I would wait for Black Friday. You will be able to save a lot. You will be waiting a few weeks anyway if you go with the patina service.

Thank you for the useful information! The black Friday discount you mentioned, is it on the CS original website? Being in the UK I was thinking to use either AFOP or Herrings.

Sfroide3

Reaction score
CS official website is overpriced. I bought CS shoes from AFPOS and thenobleshoe. Last Black Friday Afpos did 20% on their entire website including patina service. I also stocked some Saphir shoe products because of the 20% off. Don't know who is planning what for this BF.

iva80

Reaction score
Prince-Jorge (Markowski) has many shoes on sale in their end of line collection. Based on the looks, these appear to be made by Carlos Santos. It appears to be very basic line, similar to what they make for Loding. These are all priced below or at $200. Good options for anyone looking to build up a collection.

Personally I have moved beyond Carlos Santos. I do like some of their patina collection and have a few of them. Their leather quality is not In the same league as Carmina. It is much thinner and creases a lot more.

Can someone identify this last?

I like the model but no info on the last. Maybe I can find more info on the corresponding Carlos Santos last.

georgeka

Reaction score
Hi there.

I own Carmina Forest last (which fits perfectly) and TLB Mallorca Bryan last (which I probably had to 0.5 size down, but afraid it would be really narrow). Right now I'm interested in CS 397 last. Do you guys think it can be good fit for me and should I take 8UK or half / size down?

Last edited:

Sfroide3

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads