• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SimplyStylin

Reaction score
A few more pictures of the Handgrade Model. First wear today as well. Small correction from above, they are on the 389 last not the 387. Feel free to ask me anything.

I read your review on these. If I thought the last would fit my foot I'd probably order a pair, they really are stunning!

misiuacademy

Reaction score
I read your review on these. If I thought the last would fit my foot I'd probably order a pair, they really are stunning!
Thanks a lot! I have had a lot of fun wearing them. You have a wider foot? Initially i was skeptical how my foot was going to fit in there but it was actually rather comfortable. I got 5 CS pairs now (not including the other 151 I am selling lol!). Big fan.

misiuacademy

Reaction score
Yes, that is the model i'm considering. Any pics of you wearing them? I havenn't seen any shots of these on feet anywhere yet. Wondering how the last looks with pants and how they would work with slim jeans. Thanks.
Interestingly enough, I don't have a picture of them on my feet. I will put on some jeans and try to shoot a picture one of these days and tag you. They are pretty comfortable on the 234 and 397 lasts.

SimplyStylin

Reaction score
Yes, I have a wider foot (10.5 E in US). The Capital last in 9.5 F from Loake works pretty well for me for reference, though does have a bit high of an instep. Still deciding on my first CS shoes and lasts to try. Definitely loving the look of their shoes from all I have seen.

misiuacademy

Reaction score
Yes, I have a wider foot (10.5 E in US). The Capital last in 9.5 F from Loake works pretty well for me for reference, though does have a bit high of an instep. Still deciding on my first CS shoes and lasts to try. Definitely loving the look of their shoes from all I have seen.
I have the Loake Capital as well and after the initial stiffness it is a very comfortable shoe for me. CS shoes have a slightly lower instep I would say (for me) but if that one fits you well I don't think you would have an issue with the CS 397 or 234. 401 is a no no though. When i finish shooting my product images, I will have a side by side comparison of all the lasts i have.

316, 234, 387, 389, 397, 401

Here's a sneak peak of some of the models I made:
64703192_2523739227657324_5010710547767754752_n.jpg
From left to right:
Chukka in Sintra Patina
2 "Salways" in suede/grain/calf mix
Kudu Jumper Boot
Suede Chelsea

SimplyStylin

Reaction score
I have the Loake Capital as well and after the initial stiffness it is a very comfortable shoe for me. CS shoes have a slightly lower instep I would say (for me) but if that one fits you well I don't think you would have an issue with the CS 397 or 234. 401 is a no no though. When i finish shooting my product images, I will have a side by side comparison of all the lasts i have.

316, 234, 387, 389, 397, 401

Thanks for the good info! It's a shame for me that a lot of the nice models are on the 401 I guess, but i'm still interested in the cap toe derbies at least then :)

All of those boots look like quality, your shop will be pretty great it seems. The world certainly needs more high quality outlets to keep the tradition alive.

misiuacademy

Reaction score
Thanks for the good info! It's a shame for me that a lot of the nice models are on the 401 I guess, but i'm still interested in the cap toe derbies at least then :)

All of those boots look like quality, your shop will be pretty great it seems. The world certainly needs more high quality outlets to keep the tradition alive.
Thanks! I feel the 234 has more space on the edges right below the small toes. I ll be back with more photos when I get the time! Goodnight from Europe!

misiuacademy

Reaction score
Does CS have last information on their site?
Their Site is honestly underwhelming. I can give you some info maybe but that is my perspective. So far all lasts fit me TTS (UK7).
234: Very soft chiseled last
316: Almond shaped
333: More classic round last
387/389: Soft Square last
397: Gently elongated soft almond last (a bit round)
401: Almond/chiseled last

Older one is the 160: very elongated last.

Off the top of my head I hope it helps. I will try to do a visual comparison of most soon

wdrenth

Reaction score
Does CS have last information on their site?

As far as I know, unfortunately not :( On the Carlos Santos info at Skoaktiebolaget there is some info.

Just for info, I have various lasts from CS, and wear all in the same size (UK8.5 -- not always the best, see below).

Here some notes and observations:
187 last is generally fitting well, certainly length wise. Instep is big high, heel fit well. Wear models 7905 (oxford) and 6307 (monk), both in suede. Sizing down would not work length wise (I tried UK8 of the monk, and was too short).
234 last is generally fitting well, but has room in the toe area (mentioned before on this forum this is a larger last). Instep is ok (better compared with 187), bit wider in toes (not bad) and heel --> would now take UK8. Wear model 6191 (an oxford) in leather.
316 last is generally fitting well with a big caveat. One pair made for 5th of Saks (in US9.5D, model 6986, oxford model) fits like a glove. It is generally too wide for one pair made for Skoaktiebolateg (in UK8.5, model 9393, austerity brogue). Dimensions of both shoes are the same (also confirmed with CS), but the Skoak pair simply has higher instep, wider in toe and heel area -- wear with insole and tongue pad works marginally well. Maybe the differences are due to the differences in model, but here the difference feels too much for me. Now I would take UK8 (but would not size down in US sizing).
145 last is generally fitting well, quite sleek, though a long last (and maybe not the nicest around).

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback. I have only two pairs of CS currently. A Double Monk on the 234, and Field Boots in 316. Both fit well in 8.5.

I'm curious if anyone has used the CS shoe trees?

misiuacademy

Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback. I have only two pairs of CS currently. A Double Monk on the 234, and Field Boots in 316. Both fit well in 8.5.

I'm curious if anyone has used the CS shoe trees?
I always found branded shoe trees to be way to expensive at least for value shoes. All my shoe trees are simple cedar around 20$ and they work perfectly.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads