• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

standaloneprotein

Reaction score
@AJ, I was in the same boat last year. I’m 8.5UK but I prefer a bit of room on my toes, I got a pair in 9UK but it was too big. I got a pair in 8.5UK and it fits me well. Ultimately the decision is up to you. Send an email to Skoaktie, there are really helpful.

misiuacademy

Reaction score
I would be willing to buy one, missed the boat with skoak
@AJ, I was in the same boat last year. I’m 8.5UK but I prefer a bit of room on my toes, I got a pair in 9UK but it was too big. I got a pair in 8.5UK and it fits me well. Ultimately the decision is up to you. Send an email to Skoaktie, there are really helpful.

I still have a long way to go, but I will keep you posted if you are interested. CS delivery though is 3 months.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently came across this shoe

https://www.skoaktiebolaget.com/col...santos-derby-in-brown-suede-with-dainite-sole

Something about, that I just really like them. I think it’s a perfect versatile travel shoe

But the problem is that my size (UK 10 on wider/generous lasts and UK10.5 on narrow ones) is not available. I have looked in a couple of places. But can’t find them on any other site .

Can someone help me out finding this in my size.

Any help would be much appreciate.

Regards AJ

View attachment 1165590 View attachment 1165591 View attachment 1165592 View attachment 1165593

If I can tell, they are exclusive to Skoak. I don’t mean to rub it in but they might be my favorite shoe I own. Although I wear a UK9 in almost every other shoe, I probably could’ve gone down to an 8.5. It’s a very generous last. So I think 9.5 may work for you if they have it.

But I’d also email them, as it’s been said they are very helpful.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently came across this shoe

https://www.skoaktiebolaget.com/col...santos-derby-in-brown-suede-with-dainite-sole

Something about, that I just really like them. I think it’s a perfect versatile travel shoe

But the problem is that my size (UK 10 on wider/generous lasts and UK10.5 on narrow ones) is not available. I have looked in a couple of places. But can’t find them on any other site .

Can someone help me out finding this in my size.

Any help would be much appreciate.

Regards AJ

View attachment 1165590 View attachment 1165591 View attachment 1165592 View attachment 1165593
Even though they are not the same (no Dainite sole), these Berwick are quite similar and they are in sale at AFPS (they have in your size):

https://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/...ducts/berwick-1707-polo-tan-suede-apron-derby

4168-polo-6_2048x.jpg

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

shoewarma

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to fix the issue of a squeaking shoe? It's super annoying, and only happens with the right pair of my double monk straps. I haven't noticed the squeaking during my first couple of wears, but it has become progressively worse. Any ideas?

SchachMundialECapital

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to fix the issue of a squeaking shoe? It's super annoying, and only happens with the right pair of my double monk straps. I haven't noticed the squeaking during my first couple of wears, but it has become progressively worse. Any ideas?

Treat liberally with a conditioner, such as Bick 4.

Zeke90

Reaction score
can anyone compre the z401 last for the chelseas and chukkas vs the carmina rain and simpson lasts? similar?

misiuacademy

Reaction score
can anyone compre the z401 last for the chelseas and chukkas vs the carmina rain and simpson lasts? similar?
Same size for me in the Carmina. 401 feels a little tighter right around the small toe area for me.

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got in this pair today! Honestly I wish it was a little more like @mattg1027 's color blend now that i see his but love it!

View attachment 1168727

Superb! @mattg1027 are beautiful. Your's are just a different shade of beautiful.

I've been cleaning up my 8866's after their first, very tough winter. They were subjected to a lot of slush and saline on the sidewalks as they became my go to boot for being out and about. Although I gave them regular wipe downs the salt did affect the welt and the upper where there is a lot of flex behind the toe cap down low. It seemed to take away some of the pebble effect and the colour. I treated them to some salt neutralizer and dark brown cream in those areas, followed by some Nikwax to give them a fighting chance next year. I feel like the welt and sole edge still have some salt crystal buildup as it feels a bit rough and did not take colour as much as the uppers. I must say I was impressed by how the welting kept the water out of the boot for perfectly dry feet!

PF1_2324.JPG
PF1_2327.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads