• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

josef1

Reaction score
I received my CS Wingtip 316 last today from @cavour.co and I am very glad that I took a half size down from Rui last. Fits like a glove. I'll post pictures later.

BTW, any tips on how to polish Coimbra Patina? Is it ok to use Saphir mirror shine/ high gloss? Creme or Conditioner. I checked pages back that Saphir creme is too harsh but nevef stated about Saphir mirror shine or high gloss. Thank you

Should be fine. Ive used the Renovateur when I first got them then now I use mid brown saphir cream for scuffs and neutral wax to shine my coimbras with no problems. I think its the Renomat that might be harsh for the patina of Carlos Santos shoes.

Christian0314

Reaction score
Should be fine. Ive used the Renovateur when I first got them then now I use mid brown saphir cream for scuffs and neutral wax to shine my coimbras with no problems. I think its the Renomat that might be harsh for the patina of Carlos Santos shoes.
Thanks! I don't have a MDO mid brown. Have you tried dark brown?

josef1

Reaction score
Thanks! I don't have a MDO mid brown. Have you tried dark brown?

I initially got dark brown but returned it. I found the saphir dark brown to be almost black and that worried me that it might darken the lighter parts of the patina

misiuacademy

Reaction score
For my wine shadow patina I use the MDO neutral and it works just fine, have not noticed any alteration in colour!

Christian0314

Reaction score
I initially got dark brown but returned it. I found the saphir dark brown to be almost black and that worried me that it might darken the lighter parts of the patina
yes i think thay would be the case. I need to buy mid brown Pommadier. Thank you!

For my wine shadow patina I use the MDO neutral and it works just fine, have not noticed any alteration in colour!
How about when you get scuffs on your shoes? You don't try to cover with colored MDO pommadier?

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jumper boots in black grain on last 333
I wear last 333 in my regular size 8 UK, 7.5 is too small

20190130_160823.jpg
20190130_160833.jpg

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ looks good. I think I prefer the rounded toe on 333 over the

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

misiuacademy

Reaction score
yes i think thay would be the case. I need to buy mid brown Pommadier. Thank you!

How about when you get scuffs on your shoes? You don't try to cover with colored MDO pommadier?

Haven't had such an issue yet, but one minor scratch on the side I simply covered with the neutral one and then brushed it. After almost 6 months they still look like new.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cacatfish

Reaction score
Jumper boots in black grain on last 333
I wear last 333 in my regular size 8 UK, 7.5 is too small

View attachment 1116763 View attachment 1116764

I think the 333 last looks the most natural with jeans also.
Since you seem to have a pretty comprehensive experience, could you comment on the differences between the 333, 316 and 234 lasts other than sizing? Do the others have the built up arch support like the 234 last?
Thanks!

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the 333 last looks the most natural with jeans also.
Since you seem to have a pretty comprehensive experience, could you comment on the differences between the 333, 316 and 234 lasts other than sizing? Do the others have the built up arch support like the 234 last?
Thanks!

I do own shoes/boots on all three lasts indeed but never noticed any arch support to be honest. When I look inside the shoes I do notice the 234 last being a bit higher at the arch area, while the 333 and 316 are more flat.

Might be best to ask Ana Santos this question though, she is a pleasure to communicate with: [email protected]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads