• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

visigoth

Reaction score
Certainly agree with visigoth! It'll look perfect with a nice high/mirror shine on the toecap.

Damn. Okay, you've convinced me: bull polish it is.

I'd love it if you'd guys would weigh in on the proportions, as demonstrated in the photos. Do they look okay to you? Not boats or cowboy boots?

Last edited:

Ellson Toh

Reaction score
Damn. Okay, you've convinced me: bull polish it is.

I'd love it if you'd guys would way in on the proportions, as demonstrated in the photos. Do they look okay to you? Not boats or cowboy boots?

I'd say they look fine actually. Doesn't look elongated to me.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You better follow up with pictures, son! The CS field boot is quite nice. I've considered getting one from Skoak, but they didn't have a UK 7, which is what I wear in the 234 last. Speaking of which, here's my double monk in Coimbra. I just need to polish it up with some wax.

View attachment 1082045

I'll try to post up some pics soon.

Okay, here are some quick (not very good) photos of the Chelseas. Oddly enough, they look a whole lot bigger to me when I'm staring down at them from above -- I might take another couple of pictures later. As I say, the proportions are a bit more like what I associate with cowboy boots, but maybe I have the wrong image in my head: I have the chiselled thing in mind, but perhaps that's not the only way to make a legit Chelsea boot.

View attachment 1081602

I think your super tapered jeans in those photos are definitely contributing to what you're perceiving as your Chelseas looking elongated. I'm not going to tell you to not wear them with jeans cut that narrowly at the lower leg...but, just sayin'...

dhenrikseen

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Carlos Santos Double Monks in Guimarães Patina made for Quality Shop (https://www.quality-shop.com/en/carlos-santos-double-monks-guimaraes-patina.html)? Apparently made on the 358 last, which I can't find any info on..

carlos-santos-double-monks-in-guimaraes-patina.jpg

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two pairs of field boots. One pair on a leather sole (in suede) and one pair on Dainite (black calf).

Both are on the 316 last, but strangely the black pair feels and looks to be much wider. Both are size 8.

Does anyone have a similar experience with the 316 last?

20181205_200911.jpg

Last edited:

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@RogerP : any experience with the issue mentioned above as I think you also own multiple pairs of CS field boots?

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Catch me up - what issue? I have one pair of CS field boots that I wear a LOT. No issues spring to mind.

In my case there seems to be a diffence in width between two pairs. Same last and same size. One pair fits like a glivg, the other is too wide.

See my other post above.

notdos

Reaction score
They are exactly the same length.

I’m literally just guessing, but could it be that they cut the suede model slightly “smaller” to account for the suede stretching?

easy_golfing

Reaction score
I bought a pair of the field boots on the 316 last one full size down from US. I’m wondering if I should go down an additional half size as they seem a bit roomy with thin socks. With thick socks they are okay.

For reference I have single monks on the 401 last in size 10 that fit great with normal thin socks.

Any thoughts?

notdos

Reaction score
I bought a pair of the field boots on the 316 last one full size down from US. I’m wondering if I should go down an additional half size as they seem a bit roomy with thin socks. With thick socks they are okay.

For reference I have single monks on the 401 last in size 10 that fit great with normal thin socks.

Any thoughts?
I did 1.5 on the 234 I have now, and on the 316 I recently ordered, but yet to receive.

Phillip

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads