• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WilYa

Reaction score
Received my CS patina service belt today from Pediwear. Very satisfied with the leather and the crafts as always but the colour is far off. The patina effect so subtle that it is no different from a plain coulor calf. I ordered the wine shadow but it turned out too brownish. The 2nd pic is a comparison to a burgundy calf belt from Berg&Berg.
No sure if CS/Pediwear messed up with the order or it is just the way it is.
IMG_20180707_100247.jpg IMG_20180707_105829.jpg

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
Thanks for the post. It looks like the quality is good, but very difficult to judge colors on the screen. It looks slighty brown/burgundy red'ish from here.

shoewarma

Reaction score
Received my CS patina service belt today from Pediwear. Very satisfied with the leather and the crafts as always but the colour is far off. The patina effect so subtle that it is no different from a plain coulor calf. I ordered the wine shadow but it turned out too brownish. The 2nd pic is a comparison to a burgundy calf belt from Berg&Berg.
No sure if CS/Pediwear messed up with the order or it is just the way it is.
How long has it taken for them to be delivered to you? I read some threads saying that Pediwear are extremely hit or miss with shipment. The order I made for the double monk strap was placed on May 31st, and they apparently still haven't shipped. I mean, this is getting ridiculous. Are they trying to ship a whole cow or what? I'm even contemplating cancelling the order because I honestly don't understand why there are such astronomical delays.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent lurker here...
This is my first pair of Carlos Santos boots, and I am trying to dial in the sizing. This pair is UK8.5, and it's not a bad fit. A little snug in the vamp on the left boot, but other than that pretty comfy. I am a US10D, but I dropped a half size due to fit reviews, and information from Skoak. I want to order a MTO pair, but I'm wondering if I should go UK9. It seems like they may be slightly too big. Open for any input. These are beautiful boots, and I definately want another pair.
Thanks Gents!
20180711_180048-1.jpg

WilYa

Reaction score
How long has it taken for them to be delivered to you? I read some threads saying that Pediwear are extremely hit or miss with shipment. The order I made for the double monk strap was placed on May 31st, and they apparently still haven't shipped. I mean, this is getting ridiculous. Are they trying to ship a whole cow or what? I'm even contemplating cancelling the order because I honestly don't understand why there are such astronomical delays.
I think you may have ordered the patina service which works like stock-to-order and Pediwear cannot do much about the lead time. But I also think Pediwear didn’t specify this on their website. This belt was also via patina service but much quicker than expected, ordered placed 14/06, shipped 29/06, received 02/07 within UK.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent lurker here...
This is my first pair of Carlos Santos boots, and I am trying to dial in the sizing. This pair is UK8.5, and it's not a bad fit. A little snug in the vamp on the left boot, but other than that pretty comfy. I am a US10D, but I dropped a half size due to fit reviews, and information from Skoak. I want to order a MTO pair, but I'm wondering if I should go UK9. It seems like they may be slightly too big. Open for any input. These are beautiful boots, and I definately want another pair.
Thanks Gents!
View attachment 1003056
Carlos Santos Derby Braga. I did purchase the same size UK11 as all of my Crockett & Jones and Carmina. Very snug and the break in period was longer than other brands. Great shoe for the price point.

F19F91FE-B246-4D70-938E-B26EC709935C.jpeg

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pediwear have some of the fastest shipping times of any vendor I've ever bought from - a day and a half to deliver within Europe has been my experience. Did you order a pair of patinated shoes, or are they ordering the shoes in from Carlos Santos for you?

shoewarma

Reaction score
Pediwear have some of the fastest shipping times of any vendor I've ever bought from - a day and a half to deliver within Europe has been my experience. Did you order a pair of patinated shoes, or are they ordering the shoes in from Carlos Santos for you?
Yeah, I ordered from the patina service. So, I guess they had to order from the Carlos Santos factory then have them delivered to their store in England when they're ready to be shipped out. Even then, waiting 6 weeks is definitely not what I had expected from Pediwear, who said that it takes 2-3 weeks for them to arrive at their store, then another week or so to arrive to their destination.

Ellson Toh

Reaction score
Hello all, I have been eyeing the Carlos Santos brand for awhile, after reading great reviews about it. I'm contemplating between getting the Captoe Oxford in 187 last or the Wholecut in 397 last. However, I'm still quite unsure of the sizing. I'm a Carmina Rain UK7.5 usually. May I know what size should I go for the Captoe Oxford (187 last) and Wholecut (397 last) respectively? Thank you!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics