• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Afinepairofshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need some help with CS sizing please
I’m normally a UK10 and have a pair of CS field boots size UK9.5 on Last 401 which are a little too big and for which I have insoles and need to wear thick socks
I’m looking at CS oxfords Last 401 but unsure whether to go for UK 9.5 or UK9
What I’m really asking is do CS Field boots in Last 401 come up bigger than the equivalent in CS oxfords or derbys
Thanks for any help
Hi, we would suggest you go with the UK 9, the 401 seems to be fairly consistent in both shoes and boots.

Celavx

Reaction score
For people who wear Tricker’s and Carlos Santos, how does Carlos Santos compared to Tricker’s? In terms of the leather quality/thickness and craftsmanship?

I have bought 3 pairs of Tricker’s boots so far and i’m really loving the leather quality, it’s thick, rigid yet soft and supple at the same time. I want to buy a pair Carlos Santos boots but I don’t know much about the brand. Most of the posts are here are people raving about the style and looks and not much about the leather quality.
Thanks!

basu13

Reaction score
For people who wear Tricker’s and Carlos Santos, how does Carlos Santos compared to Tricker’s? In terms of the leather quality/thickness and craftsmanship?

I have bought 3 pairs of Tricker’s boots so far and i’m really loving the leather quality, it’s thick, rigid yet soft and supple at the same time. I want to buy a pair Carlos Santos boots but I don’t know much about the brand. Most of the posts are here are people raving about the style and looks and not much about the leather quality.
Thanks!
Leather thickness is considerably lesser than on Trickers. Overall heaviness and robust feel is also higher on Trickers. CS though nothing to be scofffed at, is a lighter boot than Trickers Stows for instance . My reference point for CS is the calf leather jumper boot.

Trickers feel indestructible which is hard to match for lot of other brands .

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_5936.jpg

jamie411

Reaction score

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These shell boots are gorgeous. I love the split welt on the field boots - I have a pair of CS field boots (the “Calway”) and have always wished they had a split welt…
You mean storm welt right? Yes it’s gaining in popularity for sure. I’ll make a quick video of all those models in the next few days just so you guys can see.

Adhazem

Reaction score
C63715D8-E086-4B47-B830-8F35670E90E5.jpeg

I think those turned out magnificent and I wasn’t sure about a blucher courtesy of Kostas!

He’s doing a giveaway this week of a pair of CS.

Edited to remove the link coz I don’t wanna get yelled at!

GrahamM

Reaction score
Hi All,

I wonder if anyone has bought these field boots via Mehra, in Vancouver? Is the lighter suede a good choice bearing in mind these would be used by me in Winter? More versatile to get a dark brown suede?

I mainly wear darker trousers in winter and have some lovely pebble-grained chukkas from Zonkey boot for these, but lighter (light grey flannel/khaki chino) might "Want" lighter suede???

Graham

Attachments

• 1643556077454.png
    1643556077454.png
    384.9 KB · Views: 122

Camerashy

Reaction score
I have the 397 Last in UK9.5 which fits fine and the 401 Last in a field boot also UK9.5 for which I need to wear a pair of thick socks and insole.
Im looking at the Adelaide Oxford Style 8618 389 Last so what size do you think I should go for please.
Also have Cheaney in UK10
thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Camerashy

Reaction score
I’m trying to darken parts of guimaraes patina
I have tried dark brown wax and it has helped but not by much so would black wax be too drastic on a dark brown shoe

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the Patina Service can you specify if you want a shade to be slightly darker? Or provide an image as reference?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads