• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great looking boots! Are these from Mehra? If so, how soft is the goat suede?
Yes this looks like the ones Gaurav has. You know, I always called it goat suede because the name of the leather is Camurça but I never thought of properly asking Ana about it. Their suede comes from stead though. It’s quite good.

gbandi

Reaction score
Great looking boots! Are these from Mehra? If so, how soft is the goat suede?
Yes, these are from Mehra. Not sure if these are goat suede. Where did you see that? They are super soft though..

dlazaros

Reaction score
I generally recommend half a size down if you are UK 10 in most shoes for a snug fit. Many people find the instep a bit roomy and the toe box. If you have any other brands feel free to share.
Hello Kostas (Are you Greek by chance?).
I am interested in getting the Carlos Santos gladiator wingtip brogue boots and was wondering on any size suggestions as I like my boot to have no gap at the boot top neck.
My foot is measured:
26.5cm foot length right,
9.5cm width at toe joint
25cm rounded ball toe box circumference,
25cm rounded insteap arch circumference
34cm rounded heel
size 42 in Allen edmonds and most boots.

Best regards from Athens.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Kostas (Are you Greek by chance?).
I am interested in getting the Carlos Santos gladiator wingtip brogue boots and was wondering on any size suggestions as I like my boot to have no gap at the boot top neck.
My foot is measured:
26.5cm foot length right,
9.5cm width at toe joint
25cm rounded ball toe box circumference,
25cm rounded insteap arch circumference
34cm rounded heel
size 42 in Allen edmonds and most boots.

Best regards from Athens.
Kalispera Lazare, yes I am Greek.

Measurements don’t help. Is your Allen Edmonds US 9D? I would recommend a UK 8 on the gladiator boot but it is roomy for some people and for a snug fit they go down to UK7.5 given what you wrote.

Last edited:

notdos

Reaction score
A little boot action this morning…

Phillip

7449D74E-B6B6-4BCB-A5AC-34FE0ED68ED9.jpeg

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dlazaros

Reaction score
Kalispera Lazare, yes I am Greek.

Measurements don’t help. Is your Allen Edmonds US 9D? I would recommend a UK 8 on the gladiator boot but it is roomy for some people and for a snug fit they go down to UK7.5 given what you wrote.
Us 8.5d on allen so for a snug fit I should go to 7uk and for a regular fit at uk 7.5? Se efharisto poly.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Us 8.5d on allen so for a snug fit I should go to 7uk and for a regular fit at uk 7.5? Se efharisto poly.
I would say so yes if you are a US 8.5D or UK 7.5 (EU 41.5) then UK 7 would give you the snuggest fit.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Between the 234 and 333 which would be wider and better for higher insteps?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 66 38.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 18 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 31 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads